“Cheap thrills, very fun!”

Chandelier Drive-Through Tree
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Leggett
More attraction details
Owner description: The bottom of this tremendous redwood tree has been hollowed out so that cars can drive through it.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Cheap thrills, very fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Was a perfect photo opportunity and a hokey activity that was well worth it! We didn't have to wait in line for too long. There were great picnic spots that were clean. A big field for kids to run around and a giant pond full of jumping frogs, which was very entertaining to watch! Highly recommend!

North Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“not as exciting as it looks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Well, based on the reviews here, I'm going to be in the minority.
I've seen the photos of the Drive Thru tree many times, my impression was those B&W photos from the 30s, people traveling in their vehicles under this huge tree on the road, I thought we would just took this detour, drove thru the tree, then be back on the road again. So coming here was actually my idea and I was looking forward to this experience.
But what I didn't know was there were many drive thru trees around this area (later that day I spotted another sign for a different tree), not all of them were naturally splitting hollow trees.
There was a booth where you pay the fee, which was only $5. Once being let in, you got on to a dusty one road, no turning around but to go thru the lineup.
The cars were hardly moving. I couldn't understand the hold up--how long does it take to drive thru a tree? After at least half an hour of waiting(could be more), we finally got to see the tree from a few cars back. And I finally realized why we had to wait for so long. People from every car took their time to take photos of themselves and their car with the tree. Not what I had expected. It felt very touristy and underwhelming.
I'm from an area with many forests, so the novelty value was not as big.I mean. if you live in a place that is very different from this part of the country, it might be worth coming here, because from my observation, people were enjoying it. But it was just not for me.

There is a gift shop and bathroom facility.

1 Thank llPaprika
Santa Rosa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best reason to pull off the highway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Drive through trees are a big attraction in Redwood country, and this family owned business (3rd generation at least) does a fine job. close to hwy 101, you pay $5. drive through huge tree and then enjoy their lake, picnic area, GOOD gift shop, clean rest rooms and best of all, a group of old felled redwoods that make for great photos. If in the area, worth the stop.

Visited October 2013
Provo, UT
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Just a couple minutes off the highway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is the best tree to visit that you can drive through. You have to pay to get in. It was 5 dollars for our car. Walk-throughs pay per person. The people are very friendly. This is the only drive through tree near the redwoods that we can get our GMC Yukon XL through. We did it with everyone around us gasping. Pretty funny. They also have a little gift shop, as well as restrooms. They were pretty clean. It was a nice area for a picnic or a short hike. The whole family enjoyed it.

Melbourne, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Worth the 5 minute turn off!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were driving from San Fran to Crescent City CA and were awestruck at the huge Sequoia trees! What a beautiful drive! If you are thinking hmmmm should i save time and go inland or do the coast - definitely do the coast! Its so beautiful! We saw the turn off saying drive through tree and thought we have to do this! Its definitely something that catches an Aussie eye! It was worth it! only a few minutes down the road and we were driving through a tree!!!! Blew our minds a car can fit in a tree - beautiful frozen lake too! The gift shop was what you see in movies tacky and awesome American! So if you see the turn off sign and cant decide what to do - defiantly turn off!!

Visited December 2013