“My favorite stop in the Sierra”

Tioga Pass Resort Cafe
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Lee Vining
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
San Francisco
“My favorite stop in the Sierra”
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I love this place. It is a tiny little cafe with rustic pine siding and diner seats and booths. The food is great and the service is nice. They cater to hikers, climbers and backpackers. The pie and cobbler is fantastic. They have nice beer, good coffee, and I always meet interesting people while dining here. They have vegetarian options and good beer. I just always have a heavenly time.

2 Thank SF_egret

Oakhurst, CA
“I Love TPR”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Ok,everything tastes better at 10,000 feet, but I love TPR, kicking back after a long day hiking with a beer and some good comfort food. Sure, the service can be a little quirky at times, but you just need to get into the climber/hiker vibe and hang loose. This place is a local favorite for park bums. Blows away any food you'll get inside the park. Can't wait for my next trip to Tioga Pass and TPR.

1 Thank yosemitebreeze
california
“Expensive and Poor costumer service”
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I was at Tioga pass last week. On 7/16, my husband and I had dinner at Tioga Pass Resort Cafe. It was expensive for what it is but the food is OK. We decided to go back for dinner and dessert the next day with my husband's parents. I ordered a sandwich and tortilla soup. When the waiter brought my order, he brought me vegetable soup instead saying they had ran out of tortilla soup. Seriously, does he think it is OK for him to change a costumer's order without telling them? The moment he found out that they had ran out of tortilla soup, he should have come to me and told me about it so I could decide whether I wanted something else. I was so angry I did not eat my meal and just waited for my family to finish. The dining area is so small I did not want to make a scene. He saw that and didn't care. The worst part is, he did not apologize and still charged for the meal!!!! I do not recommend this place for several reasons: too expensive for what you are eating, very limited entree menu, and absolutely horrible service.

2 Thank kaloa17
Sunnyvale, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,582 helpful votes
“Tioga Pass Resort Restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2007

The Tioga Pass Resort Restaurant is located in the main building of the Tioga Pass Resort, a collection of buildings near the eastern entrance to Yosemite National Park in California.

The restaurant has three tables, two tables seating two each, and one table seating four people. In addition there are ten stool seats at the counter.

The dinner menu is restricted to three main entrees: half a chicken, meat loaf, and pot roast, each at $16. The portion sizes are huge- each entree can feed two adults. The meat, mashed potatoes, and vegtables are well prepared with plenty of flavorful spices and herbs. There are nightly specials such as BBQ ribs and ground beef stuffed green peppers. Dessert includes a wide selection of pie portions.

Lunches include sandwiches and burgers, a bit on the pricey side at about $8. Breakfast includes huge 10" diameter buttermilk pancakes and miner's omlettes with lots of bacon and cheese mixed in with potatoes, at around $9.

A very good restaurant in a rustic setting -the walls are made of timbers -very clean in a modern setting.

1 Thank robert c