“Stay away !”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Lee Vining Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lee Vining
Lee Vining Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Lee Vining B&B and Inns
Milan, Italy
“Stay away !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

No air conditioning, no fridge, one bed with one broken leg, small room, expensive (93$) and owner closed the office and went away at 20:30 so no way to ask help
The only thing working is the wifi
The worst experience in 3 weeks!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ssantin

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Surrey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

When I first saw this motel, I wasn't sure about it. The owners did not emanate bonhomie and warmth. There was no air-conditioner, but they had signs up letting us know this before we took up the room. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised by the room. Ours was quite large, had a very high ceiling, which helped keep the room cool, and they had a fan in the room. Everything was clean, the bed was comfy. There was a fridge. Plenty of ice in their machine. Right in town, so easy to get to food shop and information centre. Wi-Fi was a bit patchy, but free.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank silverysue
Warstein, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Arrived late and were glad to find a place. Rooms are nice and clean. Hotel front area is set up very nicely for relaxing. The breakfast room is very nice and the breakfast is very cheap. Good place, would like to come again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank michael59-51
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

First of all, let me start by saying that the only reason I'm giving this two out of five is that the bathroom was extremely clean, and the woman cleaning rooms was delightful (I met her the next morning and thanked her for cleaning my bathroom so well).

I was exhausted, hot, hungry and needed to save money, it was late and I was not ready to sleep in my car, so I chose this as they had a room (they later quickly filled up for the night, and given how few places there are to stay there, I'm glad I had a locked door, a bed and a bathroom). The guy in the office seemed to just quote me a price out of his head, I swear, because I asked him what a room for a single person cost and he thought about it a bit before he answered me. $72. He gave me Room 2-A. A does not stand for "Awesome," trust me. I think this place is still in business because it IS one of the very few places to stay in Lee Vining and they don't really care to improve anything since they know they'll get people who're going to, or went to, Yosemite (the reason I was staying since it was on my next day's trip).

The room was tiny with one queen bed, and it had a noticeable odor of cleaning products. A very strong bleachy smell. This didn't really bother me, but it would others I know. At least I knew someone had used the stuff somewhere! It had a crappy, narrow door, a soft threshold and just a regular cheapo doorknob. No security deadbolt, latch or chain. I did indeed push the one chair in the room up under the doorknob when I went to bed because I swear you could just push hard and get into the room!

The bed sucked. The pillows sucked. Old, saggy, flat. Ugh. The carpet looked gross. The room smelled like someone had definitely once smoked in it, even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. I had a bottle of perfume with me so sprayed it all over the bed and linens to make the smell go away. It didn't work that well, but it was better. Truthfully, I'd have gone back and gotten my money back and gone somewhere else if there had BEEN anywhere else to go (the place next door with the coffee joint was full, and it looked like a better deal).

The good part: the bathroom was HUGE and very clean. Really, I think it was bigger than the bedroom. It was clean and had plenty of clean towels, etc., so though it was old and oddly built (the shower was a huge room in itself, like you'd find in your old high school gym, maybe...I swear 5 people could have easily showered together in there), it was clean and more than OK. The water was hot, pressure was great and that's the best thing about this room.

The walls are so paper thin I think I'd've been ecstatic if I were a voyeur! The people in Room 2 weren't noisy, but the guy sneezed all night. Good thing I brought ear plugs. I could hear him clearing his throat and - I am NOT kidding here, people - clipping his nails in the bathroom! The guys on the other side of me had one who snored. Again, even though I am glad I had earplugs, I could STILL HEAR HIM SNORING!!!!

Horrible bed made for a horrible night's sleep. Smoke smell was disgusting. I never go barefoot in ANY motel or hotel, and I even put my slippers into a plastic garbage bag before I packed them back into my suitcase the next morning. I went to the ice machine (outside behind the office) only to find no scoop to get ice out with. The guy I asked about a scoop said people kept stealing it, so no scoop. I asked why not put it on a chain with a lock? I'd seen plenty of places do this. He said "That ain't happening, lady." OK then.

It was the WORST stay of my entire trip, and at $72, a rip-off. I'd rather have slept in my car, to be honest, and peed in the damn woods!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank julienicolay

Travelers are raving about these Lee Vining hotels

Jupiter, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

ICK. I'm sooooo not picky but this place is disgusting. And to make matters worse, the walls are truly paper thin. I HONESTLY heard the guy next door ZIP HIS LUGGAGE!!! The ONLY good things I can say about this place was 1. They had a room when we needed one and 2. The WiFi was strong.

Room Tip: The higher the room number the further from the street... not that it matters... there's only ab...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank ElizabethR123
San Mateo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I wrote a previous review entitled that the wrong hotel pictures were displayed on Tripadvisor. I have since returned to the Lee Vining Motel and taken pictures of the property and my room. I hope this is helpful. All of the comments in my first review remain my perceptions of the property. Basically clean, simple and a good value with the lowest prices in Lee Vining.

Room Tip: All rooms are a little different with prices a little different. Just ask to see which room you pre...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank GTB-SFO
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Small town with just 4 streets , 1 gas station and 2 bars. Motell closes 9 o'clock whatever happens. A bit expensive and very old style. Could invest in renovation.
Clean, on the edge of Yosemiteh national park. Good for one stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
#3 of 7 in June Lake
Tioga Lodge at Mono Lake
Tioga Lodge at Mono Lake
#1 of 2 in Lee Vining

Been to Lee Vining Motel? Share your experiences!