“Good Mexican food at a very decent price”

Don Perico Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Lebec
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 6, 2013

WE had dinner at Don Pericos whe we stayed at the Ramada Limited adjacent to it. The ambiance was very good and the restaurant was spacious with a tropical decor. Food was pretty good especially the carne asada burritos. The accompaniment of fresh chips and salsa was a good start. Prices were very reasonable and the waiter always had a smile for us. Skip the fast food for this one.

1  Thank Trevelling_Macs

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food and service were excellent. My Carnitas was prepared perfectly and my wife enjoyed her Beef & Cheese enchilada combo plate. Very nice decor to restaurant. Very clean.
When you are traveling it is just great to find a place this good.

1  Thank Ipswitch00
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great food and lots of it. Guacamole was fresh and full of chunky avocado. Albondigas soup came with several very large meatballs. Meatballs were made with rice instead of breadcrumbs -- very tasty. Chicken taco salad was excellent. Save room for the flan.

1  Thank JRF103
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stopped overnight on way to SoCal and this place was recommended by the hotel. Great meal! Salsa was amazing, portions were great and it was a great value!!!

1  Thank YourBizDr
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I were coming back from Bakersfield when we stopped for gas along the 5 freeway before you go up the mountain, and we found this Mexican restaurant and cantina called Don Perico across the street from the gas station. We thought it was kind of an odd place to put restaurant like this (along the freeway, almost in the middle of nowhere) but I convinced my wife to go in. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in. The restaurant had an Island/Caribbean theme with bamboo decorations, tropical plants, sombreros and of course parrot decorations. The staff greeted us immediately and took us to our seats. We thought we would be alone but to our surprise there were a few other people there and more people showed up while we were eating. Looking around I saw that the they had a cantina and stage in the center of the restaurant. I imagine the have a band that plays on the weekends. The food was really good. They have a lot to choose from on there menu, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, seafood, etc. I got the carne asada plate and my wife had tacos. I really liked there rice and beans. Also the chips and salsa were pretty good. The carne asada that I ordered wasn't what I expected, but I'm mexican so I guess I have pretty high standards regarding this, lol. It was still good tho. My wife's carne asada tacos looked really delicious, they did hers right. The prices were also very good. Like $7-12 a plate. Overall, we had a good experience at this restaurant.

1  Thank michomeow

Been to Don Perico Restaurant? Share your experiences!