“Great Western decor”

Ramada Limited Lebec
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lebec
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We were passing through this area of Southern CA and needed a place to stay for one night. We are Wyndham Rewards members so I called the 1-800 number and told them I had AAA and the Entertainment membership and they gave us a great rate of $55. We arrived a few minutes later and the hotel had not yet received our confirmation from the head office. The staff was very nice and helpful and told us they would call the head office and get our info so we could check in as soon as possible. We needed to get gas in our vehicle so we did that and came back and our room was ready. We had 1 Queen bed, non smoking and the room was nicely appointed with western furniture, bedding and general decor. It was very cozy and homey feeling. We were on the I-5 side of the hotel and had not problem with the road nice - we both slept right through it. The hotel also had a computer with internet so we could check e-mail (but could not print a boarding pass) and the continental breakfast was typical but decent. If we are in the area again we will definitely return. Thanks!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ramada Limited Lebec

Reviewed August 27, 2010

We drive to Disneyland every summer on the I-5. We stop on the way down at Lebec as part of our trip. It's perfectly located to take an overnight break on your journey. The rooms are very clean, it has a pool, the location is priceless, the rooms are excellent, and the value is good. We've stayed there several times (once per year) and every time we are greeted courteously and have a great rest there. The breakfast is pretty basic but there's a Denny's close by. Not a reason to overlook this 'Hidden Gem'.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Made a list minute decision to stay here after travel pans were changed. It was OK. The room was clean, shower was great. Room had a microwave and fridge and free internet. TV was a bust - could not get a decent picture. Only staff I saw was checking in and out and each time the service was average. Traffic nouse from I5 didn't bother me. OK hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2010

When I booked reservations a month in advance for the Ramada Limited in Lebec, we were very specific that we requested a handicap room away from the freeway. We had stayed at this location once before, in a regular room,and we were kept awake all night by the freeway noise from I-5. What made matters worse on this trip was that we made the specific request, however upon arrival we were not given a handicap room, and it was also on the freeway side again. When we asked to change rooms they said they couldn't because they were all full. Now I don't know what full means to you , but there were less than 10 cars in the parking lot?? So certainly they may have had other reservations, but they could have changed our room with a comparable one on the other side before late arriving guests checked in.

So needless to say I filed a complaint with Ramada, and they said they would get back to me in about a week since we were traveling over the Christmas Holidays. Nice Christmas Present, And no as of Jan 20Th, 2010 they still have never responded to our complaint! So now we specifically made arrangements, and actually had pre checked in for our return trip. They even gave us the room number we would be staying in, so I felt at least our return trip would be better. Wrong again!

Upon arrival they told us they could not put us in either the handicap room or the room away from the freeway, because that building was specifically for guests with out pets, and the handicap room had guest restrictions. Now they knew we had a small dog with us when we first arrived, the week before, so I guess the clerk was just brain dead in regards to the room they pre checked us in at, and then changed it before we returned without telling us, until we arrived. Otherwise we could have canceled and stayed down the road at the Best Western. Also we were traveling with two adults, and one small child. Well after grilling the desk clerk the true reasons came out, as to why we were getting jacked on the room reservation.
#1 The building away from the freeway is for non-pet rooms, I can understand this to a degree, but then why not simply designate rooms of equivalent accomodations in both buildings so you are not discriminated against for having a pet traveling with you?

#2 The handicap rooms are only for 2 adults. Again this is stupid, what if you were a family traveling with a handicap child??? I understand that the room is modified to allow for a wheel chair, however they could minimize some of the other furnishings, and still allow for two beds, maybe doubles instead of queen beds, something to make it available to people with children.

#3 We thought OK so we can't get a handicap room, with the handrails and things for our safety, at least give us a room with two beds downstairs, away from the freeway, in the doggie building. You think that would work right? Wrong again. These morons have only single king beds in all of the rooms downstairs, away from the freeway. Now I don't know about you,but lets see, they must just trying to accommodate ballers by the pool to make it romantic???? I guess that must be the travelers they are trying to attract in the middle of nowhere next to the freeway. It must be the substitute for the truck stop bathroom.

Come on now Ramada use your brain, and just have a maintenance guy move the king bed upstairs, and put two queen beds downstairs in at least a couple of rooms to make your accommodation's equivalent for all, and not discriminating if you travel with a small pet or kids. Jeeez you think they would account for all travelers along that stretch of highway. After all its more likely that the families with kids will be stopping for a room before the cracked up, amped up truckers, and college students going home for the holidays.

Ultimately in order to get any kind of rest on our travels we had to take a room upstairs to get away from the freeway. It was really great trying to get a handicap person up two flights of stairs, as there are no elevators! All I can say is if they are going to continue to be this discriminating against people who are handicap that just happen to travel with children or a pet, then at least go out and get one of those handicap lifts for the second floor otherwise they might as well have just pushed the handicap person down the stairs!!!!!
If you are handicap don't do it just go to the Best Western two exits down the road

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Stayed 2 nights and did not sleep well.... musty and no sheet between you and the beadspread...yikes that was scary. I guess it would be okay if you were traveling on tired and just need a bed and dont really care about your room. Did have a coach. Breakfast was bad. Friendly staff. I think I would go for the new Holiday Inn Express in Frazier Park 98 miles away)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Stayed one night on a drive from LA to Santa Cruz because of the location and distance we needed to drive. The hotel is located at the foot of golden mountains in August, surrounded by cattle grazing in golden fields. Close to Hwy 5, but not too noisy. It has a cute western ranch theme, and a clean courtyard with pool, small jacuzzi, picnic tables, laundry facility, and access to small breakfast room. The outside of the building, walkways, parking area were very clean. We stayed in king room with "mountain view" at the back of the hotel. Unfortunately, this room was below average - uncomfortable older bed that had us both rolling to the middle, dirty stained carpet, bad smell covered over with cleaning chemical smell, old fridge that I did not want to put anything in, very tiny bathroom with bugs. It was ok for one night, and based on other reviews, some of the other rooms must be better. But I will avoid in future.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We travel between northern and southern California quite frequently and choose to stay at the Ramada Limited when we need to shorten our drive time. Over the years, things have been slowly declining, but I stopped writing reviews because it wasn't enough to complain about. However, this last time, we noticed a bigger decline in the room maintenance, so I've decided to write a more updated review.

RESERVATIONS: Did not make any.

ARRIVAL: We arrived late (12 in the morning) and it was busy with several people ahead of us. The place was almost sold out and we didn't get our pick of rooms (2). We had to take what we were given...rooms facing the freeway. (Our own fault for not making reservations.) Front desk clerk was very friendly.

ROOMS: This Ramada is like a standard Best Western, only maybe a 1 star better. Rooms aren't as clean or well-maintained as they once were. We had 2 rooms, both with 2 queen beds. The beds are becoming more and more uncomfortable with each visit and the furniture and paint are looking worn. The mold growth in the bathroom has gotten worse. There is a refrigerator, blow dryer, and typical amenities. I love their shampoo. It smells really good.

We could hear the noise from the freeway, so I suggest getting a room that doesn't face the freeway. We have always found the other rooms to be more quiet.

BREAKFAST: Typical complimentary breakfast...cereal, toast, yogurt, apples, bananas, just, tea, coffee, bagels. Always well-stocked. The breakfast area is small and it would be nice if it were bigger, but I don't stay here for the free breakfast. What they offer in "atmosphere" and food is ample for the cost of the room.

FACILITIES: There is a small, but nice pool we have never used. Considering the area in which the motel is located, the complex has a comfortable, "homey" feel to it.

OVERALL: Highway 5 between Nor Cal and So Cal has some of the worst motels, so when this Ramada opened, I was thrilled. It has served us well these last couple of years. Unfortunately, they are starting to take the path of so many other motels along this highway and that is the path of neglect!

I hope they clean up their act and begin to take pride in the property. I really want to continue staying here, but next time I think I might look elsewhere or drive the extra hour or so into Santa Clarita and stay at a hotel there.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebec
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park
Best Western Liberty Inn
Motel 6 Lebec
Motel 6 Lebec
#4 of 4 in Lebec

Been to Ramada Limited Lebec? Share your experiences!