“Travlers on I-5..maybe”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lebec
Los Angeles, California
“Travlers on I-5..maybe”
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Stayed 2 nights and did not sleep well.... musty and no sheet between you and the beadspread...yikes that was scary. I guess it would be okay if you were traveling on tired and just need a bed and dont really care about your room. Did have a coach. Breakfast was bad. Friendly staff. I think I would go for the new Holiday Inn Express in Frazier Park 98 miles away)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
PA
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Stayed one night on a drive from LA to Santa Cruz because of the location and distance we needed to drive. The hotel is located at the foot of golden mountains in August, surrounded by cattle grazing in golden fields. Close to Hwy 5, but not too noisy. It has a cute western ranch theme, and a clean courtyard with pool, small jacuzzi, picnic tables, laundry facility, and access to small breakfast room. The outside of the building, walkways, parking area were very clean. We stayed in king room with "mountain view" at the back of the hotel. Unfortunately, this room was below average - uncomfortable older bed that had us both rolling to the middle, dirty stained carpet, bad smell covered over with cleaning chemical smell, old fridge that I did not want to put anything in, very tiny bathroom with bugs. It was ok for one night, and based on other reviews, some of the other rooms must be better. But I will avoid in future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We travel between northern and southern California quite frequently and choose to stay at the Ramada Limited when we need to shorten our drive time. Over the years, things have been slowly declining, but I stopped writing reviews because it wasn't enough to complain about. However, this last time, we noticed a bigger decline in the room maintenance, so I've decided to write a more updated review.

RESERVATIONS: Did not make any.

ARRIVAL: We arrived late (12 in the morning) and it was busy with several people ahead of us. The place was almost sold out and we didn't get our pick of rooms (2). We had to take what we were given...rooms facing the freeway. (Our own fault for not making reservations.) Front desk clerk was very friendly.

ROOMS: This Ramada is like a standard Best Western, only maybe a 1 star better. Rooms aren't as clean or well-maintained as they once were. We had 2 rooms, both with 2 queen beds. The beds are becoming more and more uncomfortable with each visit and the furniture and paint are looking worn. The mold growth in the bathroom has gotten worse. There is a refrigerator, blow dryer, and typical amenities. I love their shampoo. It smells really good.

We could hear the noise from the freeway, so I suggest getting a room that doesn't face the freeway. We have always found the other rooms to be more quiet.

BREAKFAST: Typical complimentary breakfast...cereal, toast, yogurt, apples, bananas, just, tea, coffee, bagels. Always well-stocked. The breakfast area is small and it would be nice if it were bigger, but I don't stay here for the free breakfast. What they offer in "atmosphere" and food is ample for the cost of the room.

FACILITIES: There is a small, but nice pool we have never used. Considering the area in which the motel is located, the complex has a comfortable, "homey" feel to it.

OVERALL: Highway 5 between Nor Cal and So Cal has some of the worst motels, so when this Ramada opened, I was thrilled. It has served us well these last couple of years. Unfortunately, they are starting to take the path of so many other motels along this highway and that is the path of neglect!

I hope they clean up their act and begin to take pride in the property. I really want to continue staying here, but next time I think I might look elsewhere or drive the extra hour or so into Santa Clarita and stay at a hotel there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Vancouver BC
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The management at this hotel is excellent, and the rooms are well appointed. The room was clean, quiet, conveniently located, and the swimming pool was nice too.

Highly recommended stop for travelers to rest while traveling to/from the Los Angeles area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
California
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We were going to San Diego from the northern California. We needed to spend one night so we checked the AAA TourBook and decided to try this hotel. It had a bathtub and a fridge with the microwave in the room - that's that we needed the most traveling with 2 small children. The room was a bit old but clean. Maybe the carpet could be replaced. It looked old. The AC worked good. It kept us cool all night long. The only one thing that did not work was the drainage plug in the bathtub. The beds were pretty comfy. We slept ok. The continental breakfast was ok, too. Our room (the door) was facing the yard/pool. So were not very comfortable leaving our car parked on a side of the hotel. But we did not have a choice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
RamadaLimitedLebec, manager at Ramada Limited Lebec, responded to this review, July 9, 2009
I am sorry we did not meet your expecations. We have worked on the problems you mentioned and thank your for your comments. Hope you will stay with us again.
merced
Reviewed December 11, 2008

An unexpected trip after working hours made our stop in LeBec a necessity. I checked the internet & found this Ramada; booked it and left town.
It was a pleasant surprise to walk into the cozy lobby, Christmas tree lights blinking, and a friendly clerk to give us keys. Our room was excellent with the largest King bed I have ever slept on; exceptionally comfortable. Shower was smaller but had a great shower head which gave massage; overall I was quite happy here and would recommend it to anyone staying at the base of the Grapevine. A mixed group of guests were all pleased with the Ramada.

• Liked — Quiet location, nice lobby, comfortable and large bed
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
I am glad we met your expectations and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed October 22, 2008

October 2008

I needed to stay somewhere between San Francisco and Winchester Ca. Using my Tom Tom navigator I located this Gem on the I 5.near Lebec. I checked in about 5pm and got a room by the pool. The tarriff was very reasonable. Breakfast included, if you get to the dining room before 9am, I was tardy but they allowed an extra 30 minutes for my included continental breakfast. I particularly liked the ranch style log cabin effect everywhere. You have Dennys and a mexican restaurant right nearby, but I did not need their facilities.Bonus Point free internet!! Laundry facilities. Slight problem with Flies, not the Hotels' fault as the rooms are almost al fresco. The bed was very high but I got used to it. Slight traffic noise from the highway but not intrusive. Definetly reccommend this Hotel.

• Liked — Price and facilities
  • Disliked — I liked it and would book again
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank your for your nice comments. We are glad we met your expecations. Sorry about the fly problems but glad you understand that they are beyond our control. Hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebec
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park
Best Western Liberty Inn
Motel 6 Lebec
Motel 6 Lebec
#4 of 4 in Lebec

Been to Ramada Limited Lebec? Share your experiences!