“Better than expected”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lebec
Michigan
“Better than expected”
Reviewed May 8, 2008

What a pleasant surprise! Many "western lodge" style extra touches (I even took pictures of the hotel!), clean and large room, quiet, good breakfast. One of the best hotels on our trip, which included everything from 4 star Hilton to 2-1/2 star Travelodge.

• Liked — Attention to detail with western theme, clean, quiet
  • Disliked — Air cond stopped working
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
California
Reviewed February 5, 2008

Deadbolt did not work, sink would not drain, AND NO HOT WATER! Poor front desk girl was frazzled from so many complaints. I spoke with manager and received a laundry list of excuses that sounded like a story straight out of New Delhi if you know what I mean. He said I could walk to the other side of the building to shower in my PJs, in January snows, thanks. They promised us a 20% discount-still waiting. Did I say stay away enough times?

Stayed January 2008
Bend OR
Reviewed July 17, 2007

This hotel has a great location and setting up against the rolling hills of the Tehachapi Mountains. As I5 corridor G.E.M. towns go (gas, eats, motel) this setting in Grapevine is way above average. Nice trees and grass with rolling hills as a backdrop sure beats asphalt parking lots. The hotel has a ranch feel to it and the rooms are large and nicely appointed with the same ranch theme. My only complaint was the dirty pool water that we found when we went for a swim on a hot July day. Overall an above average I5 stopover and a good value at the $79 rate that we paid.

• Liked — Location and setting
  • Disliked — Dirty pool water
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Petaluma, CA
Reviewed July 2, 2007

We have stayed at this property for the last 8 -10 years, each time we go to LA. During this stay, we noticed that the property is not being maintained like it should be. The furniture, bedding, and bathroom fixtures were getting worn and dated looking. It was about 100 degrees and we were looking forward to a nice swim. The pool was way too warm and was extremely cloudy. I maintain our pool at home and it isn't that hard to keep the water crystal clear. I was afraid to let my family swim, which was a real bummer. After years of staying at this motel, we will be looking for another option the next time we go to LA.

• Liked — the breakfast was pretty good
  • Disliked — pool, cleanliness and maintenance of the property
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We stayed her for one evening and the room was very nice for the price. It was very quite, roomy and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Valley, California
Reviewed April 3, 2007

I'm surprised at so many good reviews. I wish I could stay at the Ramada again -- I like the location with views of the hills, but our dirty room will keep me from doing so. Recently, we stayed twice at the Ramada -- once on our way to Southern California and once on our return trip. During our first stay, I noticed that the room wasn't perfectly clean, but overlooked it because of the view. On the way back it got worse. The toilet hadn't been flushed, the toilet seat was filthy, a dirty washcloth was left in the bathtub. When I phoned the front desk, I got no apology, no offer of a different room. I ended up cleaning the bathroom myself. We often travel back and forth to Southern California. I'd hoped that I'd found a regular resting place, but we won't be returning unless the Ramada-Lebec management does something about the cleanliness.

• Liked — The location and view.
  • Disliked — The uncleanliness and unresponsive front desk
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Well_traveled47
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviewed November 24, 2006

We were returning from LA to Sunnyvale and due to heavy fog we ended up staying in this hotel. This hotel was very good with friendly staff. Breakfast was excellent they've provided fresh juices, fruits, bagels, bread, jam, coffee, cocoma, tea and few other things which I don't know their names.

When we woke up in the morning during sun rise we saw beautiful hills next to this hotel and we couldn't stop going towards those. I can't explain in words but the scene was excellent.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank a_traveler007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebec
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park
Best Western Liberty Inn
Motel 6 Lebec
Motel 6 Lebec
#4 of 4 in Lebec

Been to Ramada Limited Lebec? Share your experiences!