“Almost perfect”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lebec
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with well appointed spacious rooms and comfortable beds. We were not disturbed by noise. The breakfast provided had something for everyone. Only problem for our family was overwhelming smell of room freshener which was still as strong the next morning even after running fan all night

• Stayed: October 2013
MichaelB32616, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Vvaldezfamily,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review for us. I want to apologize that the air freshner was so over powering. I have spoken with our housekeeping manager and she has assured me she will speak with the housekeepers and make sure we dont over power the rooms again.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

It is quiet, and inexpensive at this nice little H.I.E. property located midway over the hump, just of I-5 on the Grapevine. Despite the proximity to the busiest Interstate on the West Coast, it is still a relatively quiet venue. Parking is convenient, and Lebec/Frazier Park is a nice little location. My only complaint, and the reason for not an "Excellent" rating, was that both the elliptical and tread mill machines in the Fitness Center were out of order. I would have liked to have gotten in an early morning workout. The front desk staff were courteous and efficient. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor facing South or West is probably the best.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear SledMan,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review for us. I am very sorry that these two machines were not working when you were here, I have the maintenance department getting them fixed. Again thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I had stayed at holiday inn twice before and had no problem, the room was clean the service was good and breakfast was good, but i tried to stay a third time and had expected the same experience with no problems, I arrived with cash ready to pay and check in like the two previous times, while at the front desk the receptionist had done most of the paper work and then asked for a credit card i let her know i didn't have one, she said fine and asked for a $250 deposit, I didnt have that much cash with me i only had the amount to pay two nights, and they didn't except my debit card, i was very disappointed I was expecting the same service as before.

• Stayed: November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear brendaloves922,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. It is nice to know that you are a regular visitor to the hotel. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you again for your comments. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We recently stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. Although we had no problems during our stay, it was when we got home and saw a $25 charge on our online credit card bill that the problem started. I called and was told it was a pet fee which surprised me since we did not bring a pet. I was told the manager would look into it when he returned to work on Mon. I called on Tues and was told there was pet fur in our room and other evidence of a pet. I was shocked and asked to have the manager call me and was told he was a very busy man. I then called my credit card company to dispute the charge and the rep called the hotel and was told they have video of my husband bringing a dog into the hotel when I was checking in. That is totally untrue and absurd. We do not own a dog. The rep sensed how upset I was and gracefully gave me the $25 credit. I then called the hotel and asked to have a copy of the video sent to me so we can defend ourselves. I also mentioned that we saw 2 men with a dog in the elevator right after checkin. So far, no communication from anyone at HIE. Besides being patently untrue, how do they know who my husband is? As a courtesy to a customer, they could have asked me to email a govt issued photo of my husband which could also prove our innocence. You be the judge of how trusting they are.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank astrowk
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear astrowk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We highly value opinions from guests like you as it assists us in our never ending task to better ourselves.

We sincerely apologize for inconvenience you had during your stay and we are truly sorry for the poor service our staff has provided you. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed and actions will be made where possible.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity in the future. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was fantastic in every way. It was a decent price and a convenient location for a stopover on the 5. It was modern and immaculately clean everywhere. The room was well laid out, spacious, great amenities, super clean, and comfortable beds. We couldn't hear any noise around us either, and that says a lot for a hotel so close to the FWY. The complimentary breakfast was much better than most with lots of choices, very organized and clean, and even the seating area was pleasant. Lots of hotels could use some lessons from the way this one did their breakfast. There was also a business center, a fitness center, a snack shop, and an outdoor pool. Nothing but good things to say about this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jamof4
MichaelB32616, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, as they are very vaulable to us. I am so glad to hear you had a great stay with us. Should you be through again I hope you would stay with us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Needed to escape the heat wave in So Cal so we headed to this little town in the middle of nowhere. The hotel is clean and serves its purpose. Has a nice pool to spend the day and free breakfast. The location is isolated and next to the highway, so there is not much to do, but it is surrounded by nature and sometimes and very relaxing. Lots of families were staying at this location. Overall it was a very enjoyable weekend

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AvLouis

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. We strive to be great and with wonderful guest like you we are hitting our goals. I know we all have a busy schedule and when you take the time to write comments it really helps us out.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our second stay at this property and it has only gotten better. Our room was exceptionally clean and fresh (this is a pet friendly hotel with pets restricted to the first floor and that is where we were quartered). Staff was very friendly as well as business like and efficient. Even though the hotel was almost full it was quiet and we were not disturbed by outside noise. Breakfast was very good with many choices both cold and hot. The breakfast room was packed and staff did an excellent job of keeping the serving area clean and full of food. We will definitely stay at this property again and would recommend it to anyone travelling with or without a pet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GraeagleBob

Dear GraeagleBob,

I would like to thank you for taking time to write a review, and thank you for staying with us. I am so glad to hear you had a nice stay. Thank you again for staying with us.

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebec
Ramada Limited Lebec
Best Western Liberty Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge
Motel 6 Lebec
Motel 6 Lebec
#4 of 4 in Lebec

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park? Share your experiences!