“Nice start to our long road trip”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lebec
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This was our first time ever staying at a Holiday Inn Express hotel. It was such a nice facility. The staff was very friendly and courteous. They had a pool which was great on such a hot day. The rooms were nicely furnished and styled. The bath was perfect for giving the kiddos a bath in. The best part was that breakfast was included. And it wasn't your typical boring hotel breakfast. This was delicious. We had biscuits and gravy with scrambled eggs. The coffee was delicious too and available all day. They even served big cookies in the evening. There are a few restaurants within walking distance (we went to Los Pinos which was actually quite tasty) and several gas stations. We were concerned because it was close to the freeway. However, we barely noticed the noise. We definitely will make Holiday Inn Express our choice in the future where available.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were very late to check-in after our flight from London to LA and were a bit worried because we hadn’t been able to call to let them know, but there were no problems at all. The check-in was very friendly and efficient, the room was spacious, spotless and very comfortable. The room was also much quieter than we’d expected given the hotel was right by the freeway, so we had an excellent night’s sleep. The breakfast room was sunny and the breakfast options good, with eggs and bacon as well as cereals, porridge, yoghurt, toast, bagels, pastries, waffles, fruit, etc. The hotel was also the only one we stayed in that had a separate business room with internet access, rather than having a computer in the lobby. Overall, an excellent choice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This hotel was EXACTLY what we were looking for when moving to San Diego from Oregon. The perfect spot to stop for the night, and Lebec is the perfect distance away from the LA sprawl so you can tackle that portion of the drive in the morning!

The service was prompt and friendly, and they gave an AWESOME MILITARY DISCOUNT!!! That was great, thank you Holiday Inn!! Makes me want to stay at more Holiday Inns!!

The rooms were oh my gosh!! Super nice, really big, wish we were staying there for longer to enjoy them more!! They also had a very nice looking pool out back and a hot tub that looked super inviting if I wasn't so tired! Super clean too, it was a real pleasure staying here.

Their continental breakfast in the morning was outstanding too!! Eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy...the works! Even cinnamon rolls...I give it an A+!!

Overall I would say STAY HERE if you are doing a long trip on the I-5....its right off a convenient exit, and you can get right back on right there in the morning. If we do another long trip back from Oregon by car we will be staying here!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Great place to stop on i5. Really nice for the price. Rooms are quite large. Decent breakfast with pancakes, eggs, and the usual continental breakfast carbs. Nice desk attendants. You can hear freeway noise but it didn't bother us.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank jac4444
Hiexpress-Lebec, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us and other travelers with a review, we hope we can see you again.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

When asked why I had to put up a cash deposit and pay in advance for the room I was told so if I destroyed the room or stole something the deposit would cover it. Those were the exact words of Mr. Ricardo Peregrina, the General Manager ofvthe hotel. When I asked for a receipt, Mr. Peregrina stated none of the staff here are thieves. After muh heated debate, Mr. Peregrina made a copy of the Manila envelope containing my deposit and handed the copy to me. It did not say received of , for what purpose, and had no one's signature. If my deposit had been stolen I would have had no formal record of the deposit. I contacted Holiday Inn customer service and Mr. Peregrina stated in his reply to them that he tried to talk to me but I kept walking. He had told me that he would be happy to charge me $200 at which time he would be able to issue a receipt. All of this could have been averted had the hotel just issued a receipt for funds they collected and held over night. I was made to feel less of a customer and humiliated. Why should I trust that I will get my money back without a proper receipt. I will now be looking to other hotel chains to give my business to after 15 years on the road as a traveling field service technician.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Gordo_in_Tracy_Ca
daniela_hiexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Good afternoon Mr. Bill Lindley, thank you for your comments and I would like to assure you that we are making changes on the way we collect the $200 deposit. When you asked me why should you give us $200 and my answer to you was, "for insurance for the room, just in case there is any damages or something taken from the room". I really want to thank you for taking the time to write to us and make sure that any prospect guest knows how you feel and to make sure that we want to provide the best service possible.

Since your last stay, we consider your suggestions and we are making some changes, thank you again and have a nice day.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Newer hotel. We had a first floor suite that had 10 foot high ceilings, a sofa and two other nice chairs. Upscale bathroom with granite finishes. Breakfast area was cold, A/C flow needs to be better balanced so cool air does not blow on people while seated. Hotel is very near I-5 so there is noticeable truck and traffic noise and we were not on the road side of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I am stranded due to road closure on the grapevine as well as many others because of a big snow storm. After asking for a handicap room because I have Multiple Sclerosis I was told I would be called back. After 1 hr and no call back I called myself. The manager was extremely rude and went on to say he gave it away after calling me 3x's, which btw he did NOT. I was holding my phone the entire time. He also wouldn't let anyone stay in the lobby. He even called the sheriff to have them removed. Everyone is stranded here for more than 24hrs and this jerk is kicking people out into the snow storm with nowhere to go. SHAME ON HOLIDAY INN FOR ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN. Thank God for the Dennys inside the Flying J's. Who knew that Dennys would be SO MUCH MORE hospitable than Holiday Inn in Lebeck, CA. DONT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank BaseballMomma15
Hiexpress-Lebec, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frazier Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2011

Good morning, my name is Ricardo Peregrina and I am the General Manager in Lebec, I am very concerned about you posting because I take this very seriously, the person that was working that day it is not the Manager and he is no longer working with us, I was stock as well in Tehachapi and I couldn't make it to the Hotel due to the closure of Route 58 as well. My staff did a wonderfull job on trying to accomodate every person that we could, we have 77 rooms and I gave the indication to my staff to allowe peopple to stay at the lobby and help them as much as we can, but due to another young man that wanted to start a fight in the lobby forced my staff to call the authorities to restore the peace, I am sorry for the trouble that you encountered, and I have never turned away any person with any "handicap" person at all, the thing is that we couldn't provide you with a room because we were sold out, have a great day and I really thank you for posting your concerns, have a great day.