“Best Mexican food in Mendocino County”

LA Casona Del Cielo
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Laytonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Redwood Valley, CA
“Best Mexican food in Mendocino County”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have always said the best Mexican food in Mendocino County is in Lake county, Now I stand corrected, It may be the best in the west...My wife discovered it by asking locally while shopping. She took me back for my bday. Superb salsa and sauces, I'm sure the beans are authentic but they are just beans not fancied up like lots of places, the rice is wonderful, Carne Asada is fantastic and the chicken is to die for..I had the chorizzo also but wouldn't get it again, get the guacamole platter with fresh chips. We used to drive to Lake County for good Mexi but now we will head up to Laytonville.
The Pozole is great, fajitas are fantastic, great stop on 101 for a break and a good meal. Every thing is make fresh to order and is really reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2011

Springfield, MA
“Fantastic Surprise after a tiring ride ...”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

The best Mexican food! We have not eaten at any other restaurant that calls itself Mexican since. It was the most pleasant surprise after a long day driving through the barren roads of the Northern California mountain range. We stopped because we did not want "gas station" food.

WOW!! Excellent food, wonderful ambience, great service, very personal. Worth the wait for great food!!

Our only disappointment is that we live on the East coast and the chances of us being at this exact location are slim but if we will ever be on 101 in N. California we'll make an effort to drive to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2011