“Excellent for the price”

Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Los Angeles, Chile
“Excellent for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

A decent hotel for a minimum price (if you pay 3 nights in a row, you get a discount).
Big rooms, clean (I was in a smoker's room, so the smoke was inevitable and I don't mind).
Very helpful desk clerks, exceptional service.
Location is a bit unsafe, but very convenient.
It's not 4 seasons, but for the money you pay, everything's great.
Stop whining :) Pay $500 a night and everything would be perfect.
Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Surrey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2010

This was a truly truly awful place. The whole hotel has the appearance of a three storey prison block. Very unpleasant. Don't be fooled by the picture of the arched gateway or the 4 sunbursts. Where they came from I will never know. I had paid extra for a non smoking 'Business Place' room. I had asked for a quiet room if possible. What I got was a dirty small room that stank of stale cigarettes. Really dreadful stained carpet. I was woken on four occasions by the racket coming through the paper thin walls from the room next door. The wireless signal was so weak that it was unuseable. There was nowhere at all to eat breakfast - such as it was. No decaf coffee ("We just have regular"). The 'Drink and snack' that was supposed to come with the room never materialised. When I complained the manager he seemed completely disinterested and told me that he was no longer doing Business Place rooms. He apparently is quite happy to continue taking the money for them though. In any case heaven knows what the rest of the rooms are like. If you must stay at a Days Inn near LAX there are several much better ones. Go to Days Inn South Bay at your own risk - a very very poor start or end to a holiday.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Glasgow111
las vegas nv
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

We made reservations and then tried to change dates for the following week due to car trouble. When we called to push our reservation back a week they informed us they were not going to do that even though it stated at the bottom of our receipt that you can change the dates but subject to different rates. There was no flexibility on their part. We looked at other reviews and we are amazed at how many times they have ripped people off and by the number of bad reviews of the property. We should have done our home work first. Lesson learned.

Stayed June 2009
1 Thank joebags25
Edmonton,Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2007

When we booked this hotel, we wanted to be close to LAX, which we were, relatively (10-15 min.away). But this hotel is not in a very good area. The room was clean enough, and large but needs renovating. Also had that moldy smell in a non-smoking room. Very noisey ie. shower on in another room- we had to turn up the TV.

• Liked — Close to airport
  • Disliked — Very noisey
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Mindy53
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2006

We needed to stay near LAX for one night and we picked this hotel. The room was semi-clean but if you want a good night sleep, this is not your place. The walls are paper thin and i could hear my neighbors using the restroom and talking all night long. The next morning we went down to the lobby for the free continental breakfast and there was a small amount of packaged pasteries and the juice machine had watered down orange juice, not drinkable!! I was very disappointed and would not go back to this hotel again. It doesnt deserve a 3 star rating.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2006

I am still shaking. I actually had to have a police officer take me back to my room. When I got there he told me to go inside and lock the door. This hotel is in the worst part of town. It is not within walking distance of anything. The hot tub needs to be shut down permantly. It was out of order the entire time, and it was so disgusting looking. The room was dirty, there was no continental breakfast. The pictures you see on all of the websites, are not even close to what it looks like. Please take my advice and don't ever stay here.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Amesbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2006

This place wasn't bad, but it wasn't the Ritz either. It's a good budget accommodation not too terribly far from the airport. You won't do much better by the airport for under $100.

The beds were quite comfortable after a day of flying. The showers and bathroom and pretty much all the room was clean, though maybe a little bit dated.

The mini-fridge was probably about the biggest bonus in the room, the TV was basic 12-station antenna broadcast, but the room had a cool view out towards downtown, actually.

I can't really call this place 'a dump' as one of my fellow reviewers called it, because I've stayed in some real dumps and this didn't come close. As long as you don't expect too much, you'll be happy and sleep well. It's LA - who wants to sit around a hotel room, anyways?

• Stayed November 2005
1 Thank daytripper2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Hi View Inn & Suites
Hi View Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Inn

Been to Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach? Share your experiences!