Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Be sure to start early when looking for quality accommodations at a reasonable price in Los Angeles. Location of this Days Inn is fairly close with relatively easy access to LAX (about 15 minutes). Hawthorne area seems fairly safe and has lots of basic restaurants, groceries, pharmacies, etc. Management at this motel is very engaging and covered parking is adequate and also somewhat secure. Extremely tiny lobby harkens back to old movies with pass-through box and microphone. Rooms and beds are fine but nothing fancy. Bathrooms are a bit dated but clean. Breakfast in lobby is very basic, due primarily to lack of space. No major complaints during the stay. If you need to be close to airport, this may be your best value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Priya S, General Manager at Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you so much for all your kind comments. We truly appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon.
Scottsdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Starting with small parking spaces and a small lobby/breakfast room. I don't think they have any rooms on the ground floor. All the rooms I saw were on floors 2, 3, & 4. Fortunately there is a (slow) elevator. On the plus side, the check-in process was smooth, cheerful, and friendly; and the price was pretty good (around $75 with AAA discount).

The room was okay, but some loud plumbing noises coming from upstairs from time-to-time. The Wi-Fi stopped working but was okay after they reset the router. The phone kept cutting out like there is a loose connection. If I had to make any more calls I would have asked for a new phone. Also, the TV remote did not work. Again on the plus side, there were five pillows of varying firmness on the king bed, and everything seemed clean.

Breakfast was minimal, and only one very small table. But there is a Spires restaurant across the street for inexpensive sit-down meals (good senior specials). They serve breakfast (all day) lunch, and dinner. The McDonalds a block away is closed for remodeling.

Also on the plus side, the towels were soft and the water pressure was good, although the adjustable shower head did not adjust. Shortly before checking out I talked to another guest who said he had no problems with his room, although he was concerned about the neighborhood. It's okay during the day but may be questionable at night.

I would like to give this property 3.5 or 4 stars, but I just can't do it. I'd stay here again if I had to, but I'd look around for other good deals first.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevator. It's a long walk to the end of the building. The ice machine...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Priya S, Manager at Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Key West, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and it wasn't bad for the money. Cost was around $75 a night, room was clean and smelled fresh, not musty or moldy. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything worked in the room and had a fridge and microwave and coffee pot. Continental breakfast was good. It was a little noisy at night in the neighborhood, but really cant hear too much once inside the room. GREAT shower and water pressure. Beds are very comfortable. Close to everything, mall, various food places, entertainment.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 212 and my parents were in 210. Both rooms clean and nice. 2nd floor was convenient...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Priya S, Manager at Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Sincerely Priya Soni
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went on a quick business trip and did not know what to expect especially as a "jaded" NYer and of course having read the other reviews. Guess what? For the price - fabulous! When I arrived I needed travel information quick and the front desk supervisor Bobby Urbaitel and his co-worker Ninfa were like my personal info. desk. They got on the phone, made calls for me and helped me navigate LA quickly. My room was spotless and my bed was soft and clean. What else does one need in a pinch for such a price? The neighborhood was just fine. No 'element", no one 'hanging out'. It was peaceful, quiet and CLEAN. As a woman traveling alone and who watches Discovery ID, you get crazy images of what to expect. Fortunately, nothing happened and I felt safe. At the end of the day, isn't that what we all want anyway?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Baymont Inn & Suites LAX/Lawndale
Hi View Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 203 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach? Share your experiences!