“Fantastic & Economic”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
new york
“Fantastic & Economic”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Great hotel, clean and friendly front desk people :)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Aachen
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Nice, clean Hotel, good price! Great Choice !
Next time again! ;-)

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
San Fransisco
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I say that we were suprised when we got to the hotel. The front desk clerk was very knowledgeable about the area and recomended on what to do while our stay in the hotel. Very profesional in the way they handle things and its very economical.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed August 21, 2009

All i can say is that i am really grateful to the employee who found my diamond ring that was missing during my stay there. I noticed that my ring was missing after the hotel shuttle had dropped me off at the airport and i called back to let them know that my ring might still be in the room. After going round and round phone call after phone call i thought that i would lose my ring forever but when i got a call back saying that they found my ring on the bathroom table i was so relieved that i know i have to let the world know of the kind of service they offered in the hotel. Even though the employee could have just take my ring and get some cash for it, they make me feel that as a hotel guest that i am more than one. So i am grateful and glad to have come across a hotel such as this one and am glad to have my ring back when my friend pick it up for me. Thanks guys.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed August 11, 2009

My family and I stayed in this hotel due to the close proximity to manhattan beach. The AVP tournament were held on that beach and we wanted to catch a glimpse of the excitement. Due to the fact that we have want to have a wonderful experience, we pick best bestern hotel as they live up to our family expectation in the past and sure did they showed us that we made the right choice. Adjoining rooms were given to us since we came in groups and the service we acquire were excellent. Rooms was very pleasing to the eye and it meets our sanitary expectation for both of my adolescence considering that's its very economical.

• Stayed July 2009
Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Great staff overall, not too far from the airport and very clean rooms to my suprised. Building looks like they maintained the place really well. Breakfast was a little dissapointing but it wasn't all that bad. Fruits, muffins and juices makes up for it. Ample parking space and free Internet all day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 30, 2009

We stayed here for one night on a layover in Los Angeles. The room had been remodeled recently and was fine. The bedding was actually very comfortable and the room was clean and stocked with coffee and the usual toiletries. We paid $59/nt, so it was worth the money.

Best Western claims this hotel is 2 miles from LAX, but it's actually more like 5 miles away. We got tired of waiting for the airport shuttle and took a taxi there. We took the shuttle to the airport in the morning. They offer a 24-hour airport shuttle and we had no problem scheduling it at 4 a.m.

The staff was nice. no problems with check in or check out.

The neighborhood, we hear, has been a bad area in the past but looks like it is going through a revitalization of sorts. We walked down the main street to find dinner and were not worried. We didn't see any shady people. However, I would have opted for a hotel closer to the airport had I known it was this far away. In L.A. traffic, 5 miles can take a while.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
bwsouthbayca, Webmaster at Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Best Western South Bay Hotel for your recent stay and thank you also for taking the time to fill out a guest review. We very much appreciate knowing your comments. These reviews help us to live up to and improve the high standards which we have set for ourselves.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room and the staff to meet your wants and expectations. We take pride in both the quality of our rooms and the warmth of our staff and I greatly happy knowing that both are measuring up to our standards.

I’m glad also that you saw an improvement in what you had been led to expect from the neighborhood. We have done our best to be good neighbors to those around us and it is good to hear that our efforts are bearing fruit and being seen by others.

I’m sorry to hear about the mix-up about the distance between our establishment and LAX. Since receiving your review, steps have been taken to look into this and to have the correct distance given. Thank you for calling this to our attention.

I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will stay at Best Western South Bay Hotel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn
Best Western Plus Gardena Inn & Suites
Best Western Airpark Hotel
Best Western Airpark Hotel
#5 of 32 in Inglewood
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!