“We liked it very much. They have a shuttle to LAX too. Manhattan Beach is about 10 miles down the road.”

Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Ca
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Wanted a place close but not too close to LAX. The price was reasonable, quiet, clean and staff very friendly and helpful. The lobby furniture was from Granny's attic but very comfortable and looked brand new in the pictures. On the way to to the rooms, I noticed scrapes and damage to walls and got a bit nervous about the rooms. Not a 3 diamond , AAA look. However, the rooms were quiet, well appointed, ours roomy and had 32 LCD TV.The King room was small and had an old TV. Not as nice as ours. The beds were comfortable. We all slept well. The pool clean and hot tub too. The hotel restaurant was great , as was the complimentary cont.' breakfast. Parking was also a plus. We all enjoyed ourselves.
I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: 3rd. floor, top floor rooms quiet and nice. Hak's Italian Restaurant great prices. too much food...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank betsybubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
new york
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The stay was great, was in LA for a week and of course wanted to find somewhere cheap. The price front desk gave me was really good. Rooms were nice and clean, free breakfast was a huge plus along with the free shuttle to LAX. The staff were also friendly and genuinely helpful, don't have anything negative to tell you. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a non-hassle and comfortable stay for a cheap price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Janet B
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I was stuck in LA unexpectedly for 24 hours after the usual awful service and customer communication from AA after missing a connecting flight and being stuck grounded for 8 hours. I spoke with Cynthia on the front desk at close to midnight. She sorted out my room and those for 2 other stuck passengers efficiently and quickly. Rooms were clean and spacious. I got what I thought was a fair price for our rooms and most importantly it was so pleasent to deal with a stress free, decent person after such a poor experience with the airline and airport officials. Top marks Cynthia!

Room Tip: Speak with Cynthia
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Central Coast, CA
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Where do I start? Could it be the van driver driving 90 mph at 1am? Or could it be the gang initiation and verbal abuse happening next door at 230am? Or, could it be the different van driver taking us to the gas station at 7am prior to an 85 mph death race to the airport this morning.

I must agree that after turning white noise on the tv and passing out waiting for someone to burst into our room to kill us, the bed wasn't bad and the pillows were nice (there are the positives).

When I returned to the airport this morning, I went to the United service desk. When I told the rep where we were sent for the night, she said "nasty."

I'm not a snob, but would not put my family in a hotel like this, why should UA?

Stay away.

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank stevelieb
bwsouthbayca, Webmaster at Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS South Bay for your recent stay in our area.

1) The company in charge of the van service, the airline and the hotel management were notified of the unsafe speed taken by the van drivers.

2) Management was notified of the gang initiation you reported and your feeling of being unsafe.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Bay. We do take our guest reviews seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Lawndale hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I booked this room for my family who was coming in from out of town but ended up staying here myself. I stayed here with my mom and 1 1/2 yr old daughter. The hotel overall had a old hotel look that has had an upgrade. The beds where comfortable and the linens where not old. The room had a mini frig. but no microwave. My daughter ran around in her socks and her socks where clean. We didn't get a chance to use the fitness room or the pool. The breakfast the next morning was pretty standard. It included 2 waffle makers. I was a bit dissapointed that all they had for fruit was canned pineapple.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank LoveMN
Ca.
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Trip Advisor you failed me big time on this hotel. Was flying out very early in the morning, and because of your positive reviews, I booked this hotel.When we drove up, and parked, I started getting nervous, as it looked like it could be a Motel 6 kind of place. Walking in to the lobby,I felt like bolting right then, but my husband who had driven for three hours was wanting to stay. Against my gut level feeling, I asked to see the room, and am I ever glad I did!!! Here comes the good part. I go up in the smelly elevator to the third floor, and there in the hall is this man sitting , with his socks off, on the cell, drinking a quart of beer!!!! It gets better, His friend is walking the hall on his phone , also drinking a can of beer. The rooms had towels under the unoccupied rooms, with the windows open. That did it for me, I went down stairs and told the very nice desk clerk, that we were leaving and finding another place. He totally understood. I think he saw the horror on my face!!!!

I would have rather stayed up all night, than to have stayed at this place.We did find a very nice hotel, and lesson learned for me, is you only get what you pay for. Comfort, and safety will always come first after this experience. Peace of mind is worth the few extra dollars

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yoginiCa_
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS South Bay Hotel for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry things did not work out as you had anticipated.

• Your receipt was shared with the management and suggestions were made to make our valued guests feel safer here.

Please know that we do take our guest reviews seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Bay Hotel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Wandering River, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We needed a place to stay for a night and tired of driven, and stopped here. Front desk was the best with cutting a decent rate and advise on a resaraunt. By the way just down the street is a italian place, Franks I think. The best. Great price, great service, owner even walks you out. Back to the hotel, well bed was good and room fairly clean. May be a little noisy for some as main drag outside window, but I enjoyed it to watch the action. (accident at intersection with guy taking off down 1 way). Free breakfast in morning was good for free. Boiled eggs waffles and fruit. All in all good place for the price, with nice lookin pool that we never used.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn
Best Western Plus Gardena Inn & Suites
Best Western Airpark Hotel
Best Western Airpark Hotel
#5 of 32 in Inglewood
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!