“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The picture you see on the website is NOT true. They're service was terrible! No one can speak English at all. You are basically in the Ghetto no joke. The best part of staying at this hotel was the Starbucks right next to it

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Iggy89

Reviewed October 14, 2010

I really liked staying at this hotel. I stayed in LA only for a couple of days, but I have never slept so well before. The beds were extremely comfortable yet supportive, the room temperature was easy to control and very clean. Free wireless, free parking, and free continental breakfast was available - not bad stuff either. A good mix of hot foods and cereals, breads, yogurt, and fruit. You can eat healthy! The pool was a little pathetic looking, tucked away in a corner behind a fence, and it looked like it could barely hold more than 5 people. Don't stay at this place for the pool, stay here because you want a convenient location that is clean, comfortable, and a great deal. I don't want to forget to mention that there is a Starbucks right next door! (I am a Starbucks addict and this was a great plus for me.) There are also vending machines in case you want snacks. I did not have any trouble checking in, even at 2am - the front desk manager was very friendly and speedy, and I really appreciated his kindness. There was a security guard in the front area at all times that I could see, which helped me feel safer, though the area was quite nice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank liangy
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I was a little woried when I booked this hotal because it was so economical. I was amazingly surprised. Every aspect was excellent including shuttle, shuttle driver, very clean, nice big room, excellent hot breakfast, pleasant staff. Highly recommend. Better than some of the high end hotels($150+) I have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We stayed here in July for 5 nights. First impressions weren't so good but after seeing the rooms, my view changed completely. They were large, spacious and could comfortably sleep 6. The high speed Internet was very fast and the signal was great! The Baymont Breakfast corner was nice but simple (it was free though). The staff were excellent, very friendly. The pool looked alright, a bit small but it was nice. I would recommend this hotel only if you need an affordable place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The room is great. Stayed a night as I need to be at LAX the next morning. Choose this for the great room reviews and shuttle service. The room is fantastic for the price I'm paying, so no complaints there.

However, I was surprised that the shuttle only leaves every hour. Reached the front desk at 10:15am. Was told the shuttle will leave 5 minutes before 11am. So she had called a cab for me. At 10:30am, the shuttle service was going to pick me up but when I told the front desk to cancel the taxi, she said it's not possible as the taxi is just around the corner... which is 15 minutes away. To be absolutely precise.
Hopped onto Fatima's cab. A few minutes into the journey, told her that her meter is not on. She said it is $32 flat price.
If I'd waited another 10 minutes (she picked me up at 10:45am), I will be taking the FREE shuttle service to LAX anyway but the front desk is "unable" to cancel the taxi service? No words...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2010

The hotel could not find my reservations made at booking.com. They did not want to honor the booking.com rate, but instead said I would get a deal that cost $12 more. More than half hour of hassle (calling booking.com and back and forth). Also, the balcony sliding door didn't close completely and it was kind of noisy outside. We wanted to switch rooms, but were told that there were no others with two beds available. The next day the hotel manager had nothing to say when I told him of the issues we had the day before. At least there was a free breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stay in the hotel and would like to recomend this hotel.
The staff was very helpfuly and we got a very good service. The hotel is very clean and they have a very good breakfast.
The location is very good, not far from Lax airpot, not far from a shopping center, everything is in the same blvd., hawthorne blvd.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sharona010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Westside
LAX Area
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
#69 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale

Address: 14814 Hawthorne Blvd, Lawndale, CA 90260-1525 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)
Location: United States > California > Lawndale
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Price Range: $98 - $141 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale 2*
Experience our hometown hospitality, now in Los Angeles. At Baymont Inn & Suites® Los Angeles, listening to our guests and treating them like neighbors is what we do best. We call it genuine hometown hospitality and it comes complete with all the comforts of home, like: Free breakfast featuring hot items, Free high-speed Internet. Earn Wyndham Rewards® points for your stays. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Baymont Inn & Suites, Los Angeles Hotel Lawndale