“Amazing (Yes, Amazing) Customer Care”

Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
CA
“Amazing (Yes, Amazing) Customer Care”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

We fly out of LAX frequently , booking Sleep/Fly packages offered by many of the larger hotels near the airport. On this past Memorial Day weekend, however, our trip was very “last minute” & the packages were either sold out or priced out of our range. During our search, we came across the Baymont Inn & Suites’ Sleep/Fly package (which was VERY reasonable) but hesitated, knowing it was 7 mi. south of LAX & 7 mi. on the 405 can take a weekend in itself. But since our flight was early in the AM, & on a weekend, we booked the room. We couldn’t have made a better choice.

The room was quite large for this property level, VERY clean & well furnished, & although street facing, it was surprisingly quiet. And we were delighted that the parking was in a covered structure…not always the case with some packages we’ve booked.
Since the shuttle to LAX runs on the hour, we erred on the side of caution & left earlier than had we been closer to the airport. No need. We zipped up to LAX, arriving in less that 7 minutes, which is actually LESS time that it’s taken us to travel from some hotels /parking garages within a mile of the airport.
Again, knowing that the shuttle back to the hotel ran on the hour, we called as soon as we landed, asking for a pickup. Here’s the AMAZING part of our story:

The Baymont Inn & Suites said their shuttle was not available & that we should pick up a Yellow Cab curbside & that they would pay the fare when we arrived back at the hotel! Which is exactly what we did.
In the past, we have stood for at least 30 minutes (on one particularly nasty night, far more than an hour passed while we made repeated requests for a pick up) waiting for hotel shuttles & never once did anyone apologize, much less suggest we take a cab, even though the fare would have been 1/3 the fare back to the Baymont Inn & Suites).

The high level of Customer Care shown to us by the Baymont Inn & Suites/Los Angeles has made us total fans…And, we will definitely stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites on our next trip!

Room Tip: As of 6/2012, shuttles were running on the hour. Leave on the earlier shuttle (as per your flight s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed there 3 days in the middle of May for an board exam in LA. Room was nice, reasonably spacious, good shower, adequate amenties. Two things I would give 5 stars: a) service. Mike @ the front desk is super friendly and attentive. He paid attention to the small notes at the bottom line: "we need a quite room for exam" and offered a super-quite room. The day after because the room is a bit too dark we're upgraded to another room. b) breakfast. you got toast, bagles, fruit, juice, milk, yogurt, bacon, eggs....of course coffee. Oh they got a underground garage & sufficient free parking spaces -- this is a plus in the LAX area. Starbucks right in front of the lobby. Wireless worked well, but the signal went trivial in some part of the hotel and could be very slow.
the only thing to complain would be the pool area. It's small, right beside the main walkway out of the lobby, surrounded by concrete walls. It's no way comfortable/relaxing for adults, but might be just OK for pre-schoolers to splish-splash there. The other thing: no stairs, only old elevators. ask for 1st floor room if that's a problem to you.
conclusion: for the price in the area, very good deal, would stay again!

Room Tip: 1F room if you feel unsafe with only old elevator & no stairs
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Carleton Place, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

We had a great time staying at the Baymont Inn & Suites, Lawndale. They offer complimentary shuttle service to and from LAX, a great breakfast every morning and super friendly service. Mike made sure we got a good deal on a rental car and offered suggestions for getting around LA. The rooms were clean and spacious as we were four to a room and did not find it cramped at all. The rates are very reasonable.

We would definitely stay here again!

Thanks to the Baymont staff for a great weekend!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hinton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nothing great nothing bad. although the parking garage is a nice touch and they had a nice breakfast!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Don't even waste your time or money here. When my husband checked in he was not asked if we wanted smoking or non-smoking, so when we got in our room we immediately could tell by the smell it was smoking. He got our room changed to a non-smoking "suite" and when I say "suite" I use that term loosely. As we settled in, we could hear above us what sounded like a small band of elephants. My husband called the front desk and were told by Yasif that he would call them. Meanwhile in the parking lot there was a jeep blasting music for about 10 minutes and the room above us was joined at that time by what sounded like a marching band. I than called the front desk and was told he would call again. After 20 minutes nothing was done so I personally went to the lobby and insisted we get a different room. I was told that he already had moved us and we couldn't be asking for that again, and that I didn't allow enough time to pass for the people above to be quiet! The whole time I'm having this "intense discussion" there's a security guard in there listening to me and instead if being any kind of a security guard he's trying to give his 2 cents! The only thing he looks like he could guard is a bag of Doritos! I had to walk out when I realized that Yasif had no desire to change my room and so my husband and I decided to leave. I'd rather drive home for almost 2 hours than stay here. As I'm writing this there is a group of people on the parking lot at 1:00am and the security guard is standing in the door if the lobby watching the Plants grow! So sleeper beware! DON'T BOTHER! The staff clearly doesn't care about their customers.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Kaykaysmom
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

If you're a frequent traveller like I am, then you've learned what qualities in a hotel you enjoy.

Personally, I look for cleanliness and quiet. I wound up at this hotel by accident when my original hotel had lost my reservation and were too full to take me. Both outside and in, the Baymont resembles more a motel than a hotel, and an outdated one at that. The carpets, the furniture and the bathroom all seem very aged, making it look less clean than it probably is.
I got booked a suite, which can only be identified by the jacuzzi in the room (I don't plan on using it, for fear of what might be in there). For me, however, the worst of it all is being able to hear every person who walks and talks down the hallway. As I write this, kids are running up and down outside. Even people talking at a normal decibel can be heard from inside my room, as the walls seem to be paper thin.
Since arriving, I've had several problems with my room key being disactivated, my TV not working and my curtains not being able to close.
That being said, the staff here is very friendly and very helpful.
If you're looking for things to do, you won't find them here. Other than the convenience of a Starbucks right next door, there isn't much to rave about here. Their shuttle to the airport runs ONCE an hour between 7am-11pm, which doesn't help me get to me 7AM departure tomorrow. All in all, hoping I won't have to return here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Fort McMurray, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed here after arriving late into LAX. The check-in person was extremely helpful and gave us a nice king-size room. The rooms / exterior is a little rundown, but in ok shape and certainly meets the needs. The underground parking with a handy elevator was a big plus. The breakfast was also good and adequate. Starbucks is just outside the door with a few other places closeby too. Definitely got a lot for the money and enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FarAndAway79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale? Share your experiences!