“Great value Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lathrop
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had to make a last minute reservation and found a good value at the holiday Inn Express in Lathrop. I did not have big expecations because it was very affordable. BUT was I suprised very clean, pleasant atmosphere. Very friendly staff. I will go back again and again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We were bumped to an executive suite with a king bed because I asked for ground floor room (both on my online reservation and on arrival at the desk). Evidently the room wasn't ready, because the sink stopper got stuck in the down position and my husband had to work on it for 15 minutes because it was late at night and he needed to use it. I had closed the stopper to clean my hard contact lenses. There was a second sink near the refrigerator, but it didn't have a stopper at all. I reported the problem when checking out.

The sink was outside the toilet/bathroom, and it had NO towel racks!

We did not have the requisite number of towels so I called for more and was told we could only have one hand towel because there were no more available.

Lighting was none existent on the TV/fridge side of the room.

We had to drive a long way to eat dinner....not much open after 8PM; we ended up at Applebee's and surprisingly enjoyed the meal. Also, had to drive a kind of circuitous route to get there from the freeway.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patty P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

travelorWAstate,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received accommodations that were less than satisfactory. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This hotel was the perfect fit for my son's travel baseball team. We were playing over the weekend at the Big League Dreams Field. The hotel was about 7 minutes from the fields and accomodated the team well. The rooms had a mini kitchen, 2 queen beds, desk, chair and ottoman. The entire hotel appeared very clean and well kept. The boys enjoyed the indoor pool and spa in between games. There was a great breakfast in the morning with all of the essentials fo fill the boys and parents up. We will definitely stay again being we play tournaments often in the area. My only suggestion is larger pool towels and a more convienent grass area for dogs (being this is a pet friendly hotel).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We are an Australian family and we stayed at this hotel for 1 night on our way to San Fran. The hotel was great, clean and comfortable. The rooms were large and updated. The beds were comfortable and bathroom spacious. On arriving at this hotel, I was welcomed by a friendly lady who checked us in efficiently. Breakfast was great, offered, bacon, eggs, biscuits and the list goes on. You won't go hungry for breakfast. Overall great stay for the night, cost us about $120 for night with tax included.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Rooms were huge and came equipped with fridge and microwave. Bed was very comfortable.

Wifi was patchy and kept dropping off which was a bit irritating.

Free breakfast was ok.

Overall a nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I had to stay at this hotel for 6 weeks while I was getting cetifications. I got curtled milk twice for cereal in the morning. I was promised shuttle service within a 12 mile radius, that I didn't get. The employees were extremely rude. Breakfast was never out on time always half hour late. The treadmill in the gym area was never working correctly and the rest of the gym equipment was horrible. If you ever have to go to Stockton california stay else where. Horrible city, especially if you are white.

Room Tip: The hotel itself isn't that bad, its employees need training with customer service or all new h...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian G
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed here for one night on a return trip from Southen California and had a great stay. I have nothing negative to say about this property at all. We checked in during the early afternoon and the front desk staff was very nice and informative.

Our room was a very nice room and had a true whirlpool tub in the room, a very comfortable bed, tub/toilet area and a separate vanity/sink area. The AC and fan worked great and made very little noise. The room was very clean and the linens, fixtures, furniture and amenities were all great. The free WiFi worked great and the pool and hot tub were both well kept and very clean.

During our stay I had an issue with my room key and the staff was very polite and helpful with the issue. We also could not find pool towels (you sign them out at the front desk) and the front desk staff was very helpful in helping us locate them. Each time I intereacted with the front desk they were great!

The breakfast in the morning was good and overall the hotel is in a great location. I should mention that this property was a Best western in the past and if you use a GPS device it may direct you to the former Holiday Inn (that is now a Quality Inn) rather then directing you directly to this property. But even that was very easy to solve.

Great property and great staff. Best property of our trip and would stay here again anytime I return to the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathrop
Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop
Holiday Inn Express Stockton Southeast
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Lathrop - Stockton Airport
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!