“Horrible customer service”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lathrop
Helena, Montana, United States
“Horrible customer service”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I had to stay at this hotel for 6 weeks while I was getting cetifications. I got curtled milk twice for cereal in the morning. I was promised shuttle service within a 12 mile radius, that I didn't get. The employees were extremely rude. Breakfast was never out on time always half hour late. The treadmill in the gym area was never working correctly and the rest of the gym equipment was horrible. If you ever have to go to Stockton california stay else where. Horrible city, especially if you are white.

Room Tip: The hotel itself isn't that bad, its employees need training with customer service or all new h...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Eureka, California
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed here for one night on a return trip from Southen California and had a great stay. I have nothing negative to say about this property at all. We checked in during the early afternoon and the front desk staff was very nice and informative.

Our room was a very nice room and had a true whirlpool tub in the room, a very comfortable bed, tub/toilet area and a separate vanity/sink area. The AC and fan worked great and made very little noise. The room was very clean and the linens, fixtures, furniture and amenities were all great. The free WiFi worked great and the pool and hot tub were both well kept and very clean.

During our stay I had an issue with my room key and the staff was very polite and helpful with the issue. We also could not find pool towels (you sign them out at the front desk) and the front desk staff was very helpful in helping us locate them. Each time I intereacted with the front desk they were great!

The breakfast in the morning was good and overall the hotel is in a great location. I should mention that this property was a Best western in the past and if you use a GPS device it may direct you to the former Holiday Inn (that is now a Quality Inn) rather then directing you directly to this property. But even that was very easy to solve.

Great property and great staff. Best property of our trip and would stay here again anytime I return to the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I made a reservation, with "reservations"..as this hotel is right off of the busy I-5 freeway. Upon arrival, I quickly realized that this place was different. The clerk at the front desk greeted me with a smile, and a friendly attitude. Upon check-in I went to take a look at my room..only to find the cleanest, and pleasant smelling room of a 6 day trip. The hotel grounds are very clean, the room was WONDERFUL, and the staff was even better. We went in the pool..great, and clean! The next morning, the breakfast room was sparkling clean, and the food excellent. The typical Holiday Inn Express menu..but perfectly cooked, and immaculate dining room facilities.If you're looking for a place to spend a night or a week in the outer Stockton area..THIS IS IT!! (Take it from the pickiest traveler on planet earth)
Seriously great!!

Room Tip: Any room here is hands down the best value in a 100 mile radius!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
los angeles, ca
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We arrived super late and there was a nice lady to greet us. She checked us into the most convenient room so we could sleep. The room itself was very nice and big. The bed was very comfortable. The air conditioning was great. The bathroom was clean and came with all the usual additions. There was a micorwave and fridge for our snacks. The blinds close really well so it got nice and dark for us to sleep in a bit. There is free HOT breakfast in the morning. Go earlier if you want bacon. We were just passing through on our way to another city but it was a great stop and gave us all the rest we needed.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lobby will have less foot traffic and noise in the morning.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We've stayed here several times for youth sports events in Manteca. This time, it was just my teenage daughter and I, and we had a king suite at a great rate. Spacious, with a pullout couch that my daughter slept on comfortably without opening. Bathroom seemed updated, in excellent condition. Separate vanity area with sink and counter outside the bathroom is very convenient. There was a small fridge, and the freezer had room for ALL my ice packs -- unusual! This meant I could use my cooler next day and that's a big help in the summer because the region gets super hot! There was a relatively large counter and cabinet by the fridge, with a wet bar. So nice to have an extra sink and place to wash and dry out some fruit, containers, etc. Microwave was in a cupboard above the sink, which added to the sense of uncluttered spaciousness.

Now, this hotel is right on I-5, a very busy interstate, but we did not hear any freeway noise, even up on the third floor. Breakfast very standard buffet fare for a chain hotel. Nothing to sing about, but it's free, and opens at 6:30, a plus when you have early games.

Service was very good. Never more than one or two people at the small front desk, so sometimes it can be a bit slow, but it never presented a problem. In the summer, if you're an adult needing to use one of the two computers, go down later at night or in the early morning. Otherwise, kids are playing on them.

Parking convenient. There's a supermarket a little north on the frontage road. Also north on the frontage road, about a mile or so, is a Ghiradelli chocolate factory. They have an outlet store that sells chocolate and ice cream at discounted prices.

Overall, this is not exactly a luxury hotel, but it's very clean and comfortable, with reasonable rates, good service, and great value. Especially for the area. Many of the hotels in the Manteca/Stockton area are seedy and/or way overpriced. This one stands out and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Group rates available for teams; you need to call the hotel and they're very helpful. We liked t...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Palm Desert, CA
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here passing through on our way to Washington. We arrived around 1:00 am(So late and tired) The front desk was ready for us. We had 2 rooms booked but the other person in the other car wanted to keep driving and they did not charge us for the other room that we didn't end up needing. The room was really nice and the bed was so comfortable that I did not want to get out of it in the morning(Usually I feel just the opposite) The breakfast in the morning was very good. They had fresh cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, a cool automatic pancake maker, bacon, yogurt and so on. We had a 13 hour drive the next day and this break was just was I was hoping for. I'm not sure if all Holiday Inn Expresses are like this, but I would for sure stay at another one, especially this one. They only bad thing I would say is that I think when you book online the wires get crossed because they had us down for 4 rooms. When I was checking out, there was someone else talking to the front desk who seemed to have the same problem. They didn't give me any trouble though and I had my printed receipt. Great place and absolutely worth the $100!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My wife and I stayed only one night while traveling and thought this hotel to be very comfortable. The desk clerk was very friendly upon checking in and gave some suggestions for dining out locally. The public spaces and room were very clean and furnished well. Coffee in room to wake up so we could get ready for the furnished breakfast and departure. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: From other comments, request room away from trucks
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathrop
Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop
Comfort Inn Lathrop - Stockton Airport
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stockton Southeast
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!