“An excellent hotel in Ca!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lathrop
Victoria, Canada
“An excellent hotel in Ca!”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is an excellent hotel with a friendly and helpful staff.It is to be highly recommended. rooms are a decent size and are well appointed. The facilities are excellent and the location, close to, but not beside, I-5 is very good.
The breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
TeamHamptonLathropCA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thanks for stopping and staying at our Hampton Inn & Suites in Lathrop. We are happy to hear of your comfortable stay. We are located off of I-5 making us a great stop. In fact, we do get alot of guests coming from Oregon or Washington, and even Canada such as yourself, going down to Los Angeles and such. Glad to hear you had a chance to have our free hot breakfast, as that is an excellent value-add we provide. Please do stop by again during your travels, we would love to have you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Everett, Washington
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The hotel was very clean and the staff helpful and friendly. The hotel hosted an appetizer bar from 5:00- 7:00 PM. This free welcome bar served good food,ice water and punch. The room was clean and spacious. My wife commented that this was the most comfortable bed she ever slept in. The complementary breakfast had a variety of good hot and cold food. I would recommend this hotel to the weary traveler.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying at our hotel. We strive to offer many value-added amenities for our guests, and I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, welcome snack, and our convenient location. Did you get a chance to try our freshly cooked oatmeal with the selection of toppings? That has been a real winner on our breakfast bar. The Hampton Cloud Nine beds are available for sale if you would like to purchase one in the future. Please do give us a call for more information if you are interested. Looking forward to having you come back and stay with us again soon.
Porterville
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I alternate between this hotel and the other chain 1/2 mile to the north. If you've ever stayed stayed at a Hampton Inn you know what to expect. Rooms are of a decent size and well maintained. Desk staff are cheerful and helpful. breakfast is hot and cold food, with a big vat of oatmeal, a pleasant change from the instant found at other chains.
My one complaint is the wireless internet. Signal is good and easy to connect to but the signal has dropped out 3 times in the last 1/2 hour.
Hampton Inn in Ca tends to be around 15-20 dollars a night higher than HIE, but this locaiton is a good value for the ares.

Room Tip: odd number rooms face the freeway, traffic noise is noticeable when a/c or tv are off.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TeamHamptonLathropCA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying at our hotel, and glad that you feel we are a good value. The new oatmeal with the toppings has been a big hit in the breakfast area, and we are glad you liked it too! We strive to keep our offerings fresh and new, and offer items above expectations. Recently we did add new TV programming that brought in 100 plus HD channels to all the guest rooms. In addition, we will be going to new bath amenities such as Neutrogena toiletries. I would like to speak with you about your internet, can you kindly give us a call? If I can find out what room you were in to test the signal up there, as we did get new internet. If there is a problem, I can have a tech come out and address it. It is the first I have heard of it, so maybe you can tell me more..... Thanks so much for coming to our hotel, we hope to hear from you soon.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Comfortable stay with friendly staff. Good breakfast options and evening snack. Great nights sleep. Exercise facility machines due for replacement in the near future, good facility just wearing out from use.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us recently, and for your feedback. We are glad that you found our staff to be welcoming. Guests do really enjoy the food offerings we have for free, and I am glad you did also. Recently we did add some new fitness equipment, but, are due for an entire fitness room refresh by the end of this year. I hope that you will be back to try out the new look and feel of it. We strive to offer our customers many free amenities and that is one of them. Thanks again for choosing our hotel, we look forward to having you again soon!
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times for business between 2010 and now - booked again in Feb 2012.

They have an outstanding breakfast, with a variety of meat (one type, changes daily - sausage patty, link, etc.), eggs, potatoes, plus the usual dry goods (danish, waffle-maker, cereal) and fresh fruit offerings.

They have a mini-store where you can buy ice cream bars (wide selection) and a bunch of other stuff - saves running to the store.

During weekdays (M-Th) they have a sort of hoers-d'oeuvre thing - two items, like pizza rolls, mini burritos, etc + punch, between about 5-7pm - excellent! Plus cookies on the check-in counter most evenings past 10 (or until they're gone!).

Most rooms have wall-mounted thermostats, which provide for very uniform heating & cooling. Showers are great - I have NEVER had the shower go suddenly hot/cold (which means they have a very excellent circulation system with adequate pressure & capacity in the building).

The hotel is quiet, in spite of being fairly close to I-5. Even when staying on that side of the hotel, I've never noticed freeway noise, even at night.

Daisy is the manager, and she is very good - if you are there during the day, say hi! She runs a good ship, so to speak.

They are right across the street from a KFC / A&W - and it is one of the few A&W root beer places in the country that still actually make their rootbeer from scratch - with real cane sugar (no high fructose corn syrup). If you go to Lathrop, and you love good rootbeer (hard to find anymore), you MUST go there and get some (say hi to Leah, the manager)!

Room Tip: When getting off I-5, a concrete island prevents a direct left turn to the hotel. Just go a bit far...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelin_Engineer
Thanks for coming out and staying with us! We are so glad you enjoyed our facility. We try to offer a great value with the welcome reception, breakfast, and location. I see you were here in Feb 2012... I am wondering if you came before or after we added our new TV programming which was installed in late February of this year. It brings in over 100 HD Channels to all the guest rooms, complete with a channel guide and all. If not, next time you stop in, turn it on and kick up your feet. Thanks again for your kind words about our hotel, we appreciate it very much and look forward to having you again!
Fremont, California
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We had our son's wedding in a nearby town and booked rooms here for the guests. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly & helpful and the bed was very comfortable.

Earlier this year I took a road trip from California to South Dakota and didn't have a complimentary breakfast at any of the hotel/motels I stayed at that even compared to what the Hampton offered. Very impressed.

I would definitely stay here again. I only live about 50 minutes away but would consider just staying here for a relaxing get away weekend.

Thank you Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: Room with hot tub was great!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dv1119
ohsolovely, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thanks so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Your family was so very nice. Your son and new daughter-in-law were also very sweet. I am glad things went well with the wedding. Please do come back to spend a relaxing weekend with us. We are adding freshly cooked hot cereal to the existing breakfast as well, so if you do join us again, please expect that new addition. Thanks again for allowing us to be your host hotel for the wedding, we look forward to having you again!
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Happened upon this Hampton tonight - fantastic location just off of I5. Got a suite which is very nice and I thought is was well above the average Hampton standards. The only thing that kept me from giving the excellent rating is the fact that they had no wireless internet. I'm Diamond H Honors and Platinum IHC (I travel a lot) and this is pretty standard in this day and age. However, I would stay here again if in the area for sure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your suite, and would consider joining us at the Hampton in Lathrop again. I wanted to let you know that we have been working on the wireless internet issue, and we are hoping to have it rectified by the end of this month. It has been a large, long, undertaking as we are working with issues beyond our control and we too have been saddened by the time it has taken to get this corrected. My apologies for your inconvenience. I hope that when you come back you can utilize it and enjoy being wire-free! Thanks again for your patronage, happy travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathrop
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 5 in Lathrop
Comfort Inn Lathrop - Stockton Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop? Share your experiences!