“Convenient location and nice facility”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lathrop
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Convenient location and nice facility”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Comfortable stay with friendly staff. Good breakfast options and evening snack. Great nights sleep. Exercise facility machines due for replacement in the near future, good facility just wearing out from use.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
TeamHamptonLathropCA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thanks for staying with us recently, and for your feedback. We are glad that you found our staff to be welcoming. Guests do really enjoy the food offerings we have for free, and I am glad you did also. Recently we did add some new fitness equipment, but, are due for an entire fitness room refresh by the end of this year. I hope that you will be back to try out the new look and feel of it. We strive to offer our customers many free amenities and that is one of them. Thanks again for choosing our hotel, we look forward to having you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times for business between 2010 and now - booked again in Feb 2012.

They have an outstanding breakfast, with a variety of meat (one type, changes daily - sausage patty, link, etc.), eggs, potatoes, plus the usual dry goods (danish, waffle-maker, cereal) and fresh fruit offerings.

They have a mini-store where you can buy ice cream bars (wide selection) and a bunch of other stuff - saves running to the store.

During weekdays (M-Th) they have a sort of hoers-d'oeuvre thing - two items, like pizza rolls, mini burritos, etc + punch, between about 5-7pm - excellent! Plus cookies on the check-in counter most evenings past 10 (or until they're gone!).

Most rooms have wall-mounted thermostats, which provide for very uniform heating & cooling. Showers are great - I have NEVER had the shower go suddenly hot/cold (which means they have a very excellent circulation system with adequate pressure & capacity in the building).

The hotel is quiet, in spite of being fairly close to I-5. Even when staying on that side of the hotel, I've never noticed freeway noise, even at night.

Daisy is the manager, and she is very good - if you are there during the day, say hi! She runs a good ship, so to speak.

They are right across the street from a KFC / A&W - and it is one of the few A&W root beer places in the country that still actually make their rootbeer from scratch - with real cane sugar (no high fructose corn syrup). If you go to Lathrop, and you love good rootbeer (hard to find anymore), you MUST go there and get some (say hi to Leah, the manager)!

Room Tip: When getting off I-5, a concrete island prevents a direct left turn to the hotel. Just go a bit far...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelin_Engineer
Thanks for coming out and staying with us! We are so glad you enjoyed our facility. We try to offer a great value with the welcome reception, breakfast, and location. I see you were here in Feb 2012... I am wondering if you came before or after we added our new TV programming which was installed in late February of this year. It brings in over 100 HD Channels to all the guest rooms, complete with a channel guide and all. If not, next time you stop in, turn it on and kick up your feet. Thanks again for your kind words about our hotel, we appreciate it very much and look forward to having you again!
Fremont, California
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We had our son's wedding in a nearby town and booked rooms here for the guests. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly & helpful and the bed was very comfortable.

Earlier this year I took a road trip from California to South Dakota and didn't have a complimentary breakfast at any of the hotel/motels I stayed at that even compared to what the Hampton offered. Very impressed.

I would definitely stay here again. I only live about 50 minutes away but would consider just staying here for a relaxing get away weekend.

Thank you Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: Room with hot tub was great!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dv1119
ohsolovely, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thanks so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Your family was so very nice. Your son and new daughter-in-law were also very sweet. I am glad things went well with the wedding. Please do come back to spend a relaxing weekend with us. We are adding freshly cooked hot cereal to the existing breakfast as well, so if you do join us again, please expect that new addition. Thanks again for allowing us to be your host hotel for the wedding, we look forward to having you again!
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Happened upon this Hampton tonight - fantastic location just off of I5. Got a suite which is very nice and I thought is was well above the average Hampton standards. The only thing that kept me from giving the excellent rating is the fact that they had no wireless internet. I'm Diamond H Honors and Platinum IHC (I travel a lot) and this is pretty standard in this day and age. However, I would stay here again if in the area for sure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your suite, and would consider joining us at the Hampton in Lathrop again. I wanted to let you know that we have been working on the wireless internet issue, and we are hoping to have it rectified by the end of this month. It has been a large, long, undertaking as we are working with issues beyond our control and we too have been saddened by the time it has taken to get this corrected. My apologies for your inconvenience. I hope that when you come back you can utilize it and enjoy being wire-free! Thanks again for your patronage, happy travels!
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have stayed at this property twice and was very happy with my room, the staff and the morning breakfast. I also used the excercise room and pool, both clean and well kept.
The staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ohsolovely, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Hi, Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. My staff and I would like to thank you for not only staying with us once, but coming back a second time. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities such as the free hot breakfast, indoor pool, and expanded fitness center. Depending on the date you stayed, we hope you tried the free welcome reception, we serve that M-Th from 5-7pm. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Southern California
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This hotel is in a good location close to the freeway, but not too close. Close to inexpensive places to eat (McDonalds, Mountain Mikes Pizza) the staff was both helpful and very nice. enjoyed my stay would stay here again

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank heumanntouch
ohsolovely, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thanks so much for staying with us! My staff and I are pleased that you liked your stay at our hotel. We enjoy helping guests with our convenient location, and attentive service. One thing that is great is the amount of food around us that is walking distance (makes it hard to come up with excuses not to do lunch everyday if you know what I mean....) Please do come back and stay with us again, we look forward to it!
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked this hotel for a one-night stay as a half-way stop between our home and Yosemite National Park. It really is as excellent as described by previous TA reviewers. The room and bathroom were very clean and the beds comfortable. Although we paid about $25-30 more than advertised rates for other similar hotels in the area, the difference was more than made up for by the hot and cold all-you-can eat breakfast (we had two adults, two teenagers, and a first-grader in our party), bagged take-away snacks at check-out (each included a large muffin, piece of fruit, water, and cereal bar), and free wireless internet. They also have a small exercise area, pool and basketball court that we didn't have the time to take advantage of. The front desk clerk Kymberlee was as nice and helpful as she could be. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RoadWarriorMom11
ohsolovely, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thanks for your feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope that next time you come to our area you will stay with us again, and have more time to utilize our outdoor patio with the foosball and ping pong in addition the basketball area. If you come M-Th we also have a welcome reception with hot and cold appetizers and light refreshments, hope you can check that out also. Thanks again for stoppping in, we hope you have a wonderful summer!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathrop
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Lathrop - Stockton Airport
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 5 in Lathrop

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop? Share your experiences!