“Excellent Hampton - but no wireless internet..?”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lathrop
Evergreen, Colorado
“Excellent Hampton - but no wireless internet..?”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Happened upon this Hampton tonight - fantastic location just off of I5. Got a suite which is very nice and I thought is was well above the average Hampton standards. The only thing that kept me from giving the excellent rating is the fact that they had no wireless internet. I'm Diamond H Honors and Platinum IHC (I travel a lot) and this is pretty standard in this day and age. However, I would stay here again if in the area for sure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ohsolovely, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your suite, and would consider joining us at the Hampton in Lathrop again. I wanted to let you know that we have been working on the wireless internet issue, and we are hoping to have it rectified by the end of this month. It has been a large, long, undertaking as we are working with issues beyond our control and we too have been saddened by the time it has taken to get this corrected. My apologies for your inconvenience. I hope that when you come back you can utilize it and enjoy being wire-free! Thanks again for your patronage, happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have stayed at this property twice and was very happy with my room, the staff and the morning breakfast. I also used the excercise room and pool, both clean and well kept.
The staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ohsolovely, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Hi, Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. My staff and I would like to thank you for not only staying with us once, but coming back a second time. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities such as the free hot breakfast, indoor pool, and expanded fitness center. Depending on the date you stayed, we hope you tried the free welcome reception, we serve that M-Th from 5-7pm. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Southern California
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This hotel is in a good location close to the freeway, but not too close. Close to inexpensive places to eat (McDonalds, Mountain Mikes Pizza) the staff was both helpful and very nice. enjoyed my stay would stay here again

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank heumanntouch
ohsolovely, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thanks so much for staying with us! My staff and I are pleased that you liked your stay at our hotel. We enjoy helping guests with our convenient location, and attentive service. One thing that is great is the amount of food around us that is walking distance (makes it hard to come up with excuses not to do lunch everyday if you know what I mean....) Please do come back and stay with us again, we look forward to it!
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked this hotel for a one-night stay as a half-way stop between our home and Yosemite National Park. It really is as excellent as described by previous TA reviewers. The room and bathroom were very clean and the beds comfortable. Although we paid about $25-30 more than advertised rates for other similar hotels in the area, the difference was more than made up for by the hot and cold all-you-can eat breakfast (we had two adults, two teenagers, and a first-grader in our party), bagged take-away snacks at check-out (each included a large muffin, piece of fruit, water, and cereal bar), and free wireless internet. They also have a small exercise area, pool and basketball court that we didn't have the time to take advantage of. The front desk clerk Kymberlee was as nice and helpful as she could be. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RoadWarriorMom11
ohsolovely, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thanks for your feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope that next time you come to our area you will stay with us again, and have more time to utilize our outdoor patio with the foosball and ping pong in addition the basketball area. If you come M-Th we also have a welcome reception with hot and cold appetizers and light refreshments, hope you can check that out also. Thanks again for stoppping in, we hope you have a wonderful summer!
Hicksville, New York
Reviewed June 7, 2011

When I was planning my trip to Manteca, CA, the Hampton in Manteca did not come up. Instead, the Hampton in Lathrop was listed. I would have preferred the one in Manteca because now I understand it's newer. The Hampton Lathrop was fine but is in great need of updating and upgrades. The front desk staff was VERY friendly. One big drawback to me was that the chlorine smell from the indoor pool permeated through the lobby area and was very, very strong, including the area where comp breakfast is offered.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank sbbink
ohsolovely, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback and wanted to let you know that we do participate in all Hilton Brand initiatives, and have been updating many aspects of our hotel. Recently we have expanded our fitness center with new and additional fitness equipment, replaced all of our television sets with brand new LG 32" LCD flatscreens with MP3 jacks, and have replaced all of our terry. Our Hampton hotel is the only one in this area that has a large outdoor patio with seating, foosball, ping pong, and basketball. You can enjoy breakfast or a cup of coffee while soaking up some sun out there. In addition, unlike many of our competitors each and every guest room has a microwave and fridge in it. You don't have to book into a certain room type or pay more to enjoy that amenity. We also are the only Hampton in this area to serve a complimentary welcome reception with freshly-prepared hot and cold appetizers and light refreshments. We do appreciate that you noticed our seasoned and friendly staff. We find that visiting a hotel is like visiting someone's home, no matter how fancy the home may be, if your hosts are not welcoming you will likely not return. We are so fortunate to have a great team, and low turnover which allows us to take very good care of our guests. Thanks again for staying with us, we wish you safe and happy travels.
Goleta
Reviewed March 14, 2011

For a couple of months, I worked closely with Amita to arrange a group package for a group of family and close friends for our son's wedding. Amita was very accommodating and responded to all my questions, concerns and requests, particularly about the van transportation to the reception venue at the River Mill. Kimberly at the desk also helped to make things go smoothly for us and our guests. Amita made certain that she met me before we departed. It was a great experience and the personal attention made for a very pleasant worry free stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your kind review. We are so glad that everything went well with your event. We do get to help many wedding groups, and the 14-passenger shuttle van is very popular amenity with them. We try to offer personalized service to all of our groups and make their stay as pleasant as possible. Thanks again for staying with us!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We are committed Hampton guests so rather than stop earlier in the day, we pushed on another 20 mins to Lathrop, California as we drove north to Canada.
The hotel desk staff Sue was efficient and friendly and we were in our rooms quickly. We noticed immediately that the bar fridge was VERY noisy and notified the front desk. Sue moved us next door and came up with a new key but when she and I checked that fridge, it too was noisy (room 226).
We returned to our room #224, pulled the fridge out and pulled the plug...ahhhhh, silence. Sue promised to notify someone about the noise so I hope Hampton takes her notification and this review to heart...a 'click click click'noise would have been very disruptive to one's sleep.
However, since we pulled the plug, we had a wonderful sleep in the very comfy beds with very comfy linens. The toiletries in the bathroom (lotion, shampoo and conditioner) were lovely but a suggestion--- please add some bubble bath/gel as I enjoy a luxurious soak in the tub with bubbles after a long day's drive.
The only other comment is that many Hamptons put out fresh cookies in the lobby/coffee room as a nite time snack but sadly, there were none at this Hampton.
Also, to keep a thermos of hot water in the coffee room for a nite time tea would be nice as you can't microwave styrofoam cups ( I made tea in the coffee maker in the room but not very satisfying). Some other Hamptons do this.
Overall, we'll be back as the location to the I5 and comfy beds were great...but cookies would've been nice too!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that Sue took care of you. We are so fortunate to have a team that cares about our guests' needs. One thing I noticed in your review was a mention of cookies. We do offer fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookied Monday to Friday. I am thinking that maybe you had stayed with us over a weekend and had missed out on those. If you are ever back in our area in the near future, please let me know as we do have bubble bath downstairs in the suite shop. Thanks again for your review, we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathrop
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Lathrop - Stockton Airport
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 5 in Lathrop

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop? Share your experiences!