“Great float”

KFC / A&W
Ranked #23 of 37 Restaurants in Lathrop
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Super friendly people there at the A&W KFC. They forgot part of my order and when I went back to get my chicken bites they were very apologetic and gave me bonus snacks for my troubles. There was a great deal for a large float for 2 bucks. They were so big we couldn't finish them. The food was hot and tasty. I really appreciate that when I had to come back for part of my order that they recognized the inconvenience of this and made up for it by giving me a free side order of wedges.

1  Thank PEZHEADS

Reviewed April 8, 2012

This A&W/KFC is unique. They make their own rootbeer on-site, using real cane sugar (and NO high-fructose corn syrup) to the original recipe. I've checked out a LOT of A&W's in the Western US and this is the ONLY one making it right (the rest use pre-made syrup - not the same at all!). It's also served right out of a spigot - not a soft drink machine - so you don't get all the carbonation knocked out. It is the best rootbeer I've found in my extensive business travels.

Leah is the manager, and she runs a great restaurant. Say "hi" if you go in. Also, it is a stroke of genius to combine the KFC menu with the A&W menu (and they will intermix on your order!).

They are right across the street from the Lathrop Hampton Inn, which makes it convenient to just run across the street when I want more rootbeer. Did I mention it's the best rootbeer there is?

Been to KFC / A&W? Share your experiences!