Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County
Marin Suites Hotel(Corte Madera)
$175
Hotels.com
$183
BestWestern.com
$130
$126
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
$91
Tamalpais Motel(Mill Valley)
$119
$107
$259
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
$129
All reviewsmarin countygreat locationsan franciscoferry terminalwithin walking distancebrew pubfire pitmuir woodsplenty of free parkingquiet hotelguest laundrythe sofa bedapartment complexwould definitely stay here againoutdoor poolcomfortable bedsan easy drive
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We got a great rate at this hotel, where we stayed for three nights in mid-July. It's easy to get to area attractions, from Napa, Redwoods, to San Francisco. Each room has a lovely balcony with chairs. Ate at the Marin Brewing Company across the street, which was open late and was pretty good. There is a Starbucks across the street, too. Free parking and internet. Ferry to San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf) nearby (could be walkable, but free parking at ferry terminal). Very comfortable room and location.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I was in this area for business in early July and spent two nights at the Courtyard Larkspur Landing. I've used this property several times over the past few years for similar business trips. On arrival, the greeting was friendly, my elite status with Marriott was acknowledged and my ship ahead package was waiting for me.

The location is quiet, with shopping (restaurants, Starbucks and a movie theater) nearby. The drive into San Francisco is about 30 minutes and requires a $6 toll over the Golden Gate. The ferry takes a bit longer. If you want to spend most time in the city, this is close but will require travel. Location is great for central and southern Marin County cities though.

The room was a standard Courtyard room, clean and bright, furniture relatively new, although they could update to flat screen televisions with all the input options to be more current. Housekeeping was great during my stay and checkout was efficient. I will stay here again next time I'm in the area on business.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2009

My return visit to the Courtyard by Marriott at Larkspur Landing was just as good as last year. A relative joined me and was also satisfied. The breakfast was simple but adequate. The hotel was less crowded and quieter this year. The nearby shopping center offers enjoyable dining choices for lunch and dinner. The location is very convenient to the San Francisco ferry and Marin County.

Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Stayed for the last 2 nights of our 14 day trip around California and it rounded off nicely an excellent trip! Found this hotel after much internet research on San Fran. What appealed was the fact that is was not actually in SF, thus avoiding high prices and rip-off parking but was close enough to access the city by using the ferry.
What a great idea this was. Hotel easy to find off the 101, check in quick & efficient and was given choice of floor (picked the highest, 3rd), great room overlooking pool. The hotel is built around a courtyard where the pool is located along with a gazebo. Room was nice - we had a king bed with a sofa bed for our daughter. Well equipped room with fridge. Clean & in good order. The housekeeping staff seem to maintain a presence all day - we needed the sofa bed to be made up at around 7pm, a call to front desk & someone arrived in 5 minutes. Free wifi, worked great. Free parking. Tea/Coffee all day in the lobby.
The ferry terminal is an easy walk over a footbridge from the hotel, via the small larkspur landing complex. We picked up Starbucks here for breakfast on way to the ferry. We had great weather and it was great to have a nice smooth crossing with the city coming in to view and the Golden Gate Bridge off to one side.
A short 5 minute drive down the 101 brings you to Corte Madera with 2 shopping complexes either side of the highway. Located here are restaurants including the Cheesecake Factory.
Last day we got a late check out and spent some time around the GG bridge (which was covered in the infamous fog) before progressing on the simple drive to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2008

I am just finishing a 3-week stay here, and it has been wonderful. The staff is very friendly, the hotel is new and clean, and the location is superb. I have taken the ferry a number of times into San Francisco, it's a five minute walk - what a pleasure versus driving, and what a more peaceful place to stay while doing business in SF. We walk at night across the street for dinner, and the movie theater is one block away as well. Because I stayed a long time, I asked for several unusual things, and they accomodated me for all circumstances.

Previously we used this hotel for my daughter's wedding, and it was a pleasure for all our guests, and ourselves. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank PKahn1