“Best coffee and baked goods in Marin”
Review of Rustic Bakery

Rustic Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Larkspur
San Francisco, California
“Best coffee and baked goods in Marin”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Every time I walk into any bakery I come across a difficult decision: almond croissant or chocolate croissant. It's an agonizing decision and I feel like it's a lose-lose every time. But wait, there is a place where I don't have to pick? Yes, that's Rustic Bakery. It serves chocolate almond croissants.

However, I have discovered yet another dilemma. I can either go with the chocolate almond croissant or go with the wildcard: chocolate banana croissant. Damnit! Just when I had everything figured out, you introduce yet another challenge. I am anxiously waiting the day you come up with the banana almond chocolate croissant to finally end my bakery agonies.

I recently discovered this place serves Stumptown coffee. If you have never tried it, you are missing out. It is the best coffee around. I am what you call a coffee snob and nothing makes me more upset than burned or bitter coffee. I use to only get Stumptown coffee in the Pacific NW and any Ace Hotel but now I can find it in several locations in SF and finally in Marin.

This place is always busy but during the warm months, there is plenty of enjoyable seating on the benches outside.

• Visited August 2013

Basalt, CO
“Excellent place for perfect baked goods ....”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a very busy bakery with incredible things to eat (not just pastries) and coffee. They also have appetizers and wine on some evenings. The staff is extraordinarily pleasant.

Visited July 2014
tripper45
“Rustic's bakery goods at coffee break”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Enjoying a sunny morning at Rustic Bakery, Larkspur Landing, CA, with almond coissant and multi-berry scone, and Guatemalan coffee, what a lovely way to spend time while car was at near by mechanic. Everyone was in a lovely mood, enjoying the quiet, sitting outside a picnic tables. Delicious baked goods. and French Roast coffee you like the strong caffeine. Nearby was a pond with turtles, goldfish and koi!

• Visited July 2014
San Francisco, California
“Best bakery in Bay Area...I think”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Maybe it's biting into those irresistible baby kouign amanns that have me hooked. Perfect flakiness with ideal ratio butter, sugar and touch of salt like none other in the bay area. Warm setting and great service to boot. My husband is hooked on the scones. Can't get enough.

Visited May 2014
Paris
“Okay for a Quick Lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

After waiting in line, it was necessary to attract the attention of the server behind the counter who was busy chatting with a fellow server. I had a salad that came unmixed even though I had asked for it to be tossed. The ice tea that I ordered took about 5-minutes to be set on the counter.

The overall experience is a lot like McDonald with better food.

Visited June 2014