“Motel and employees, especially Terry is GREAT!!! General Manager SUCKS!!!”
Review of Town House Motel

Town House Motel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed April 7, 2014

First, let me say that I've stayed at the Town House Motel before and it was very comfortable. But last month I booked my room at a certain rate directly with the general manager and asked for extra pillows and towels. When I arrived this last weekend (4/4/14) Terry was at the front desk to check me in and discovered that not only was there no mention of my special request, but what's worse, the general manager had charged me a higher rate than the one he quoted me. Terry had to call him from the back to find out why the rate was different and get approval to give me the original quoted rate. He appeared irritated, but finally agreed to allow the original rate.

Later that evening she brought the towels and pillows which were placed on the edge of the bed. My husband and I took a nap and when we woke we found a tiny red bug near one of the pillows and there was fresh blood on it and on the top sheet. Of course, my first thought was that we had bedbugs. My husband killed it and I called the general manager, who lives there. He kept on insisting they don't have bedbugs and I had to demand he come down to see for himself. I pointed out the tiny red stain where my husband had squished it and the blood stains. The motel was full, but he had one room left that smelled awful and was rarely used, so we opted to stay in our room since we didn't see any other bugs and with the g.m.'s promise that he would send in the staff first thing in the morning to not only thoroughly clean the room, but tear apart the bedding and check for bugs.

We were gone all day Saturday and when we got back after 6 p.m., we found that he had lied to us. Not only was the room not checked, but no one had even come in to do basic cleaning. The bedding hadn't been touched much less changed. When I called the office, Terry answered. She rushed down to our room immediately and when she saw the blood and condition of the room, she was both kind and really upset. Since the housekeeper was already gone, Terry insisted on taking care of everything herself. She also went back to the g.m. to confront him about condition of the room and how upset we were. His answer was to walk past her, get in his car and drive away. He refused to take responsibility and that is totally unacceptable.

When Terry came back with the new bedding and pillows she tried hard to hide it, but I could tell she was frustrated. She tore all the bedding off and searched everywhere for any signs of bugs, including lifting up that heavy mattress by herself and checking the platforms. Fortunately, she found nothing and we determined that the bug must have been in the towels she got from a closet on the second floor. Also, my husband is on blood thinners, ergo, the excessive blood. She had to put a queen blanket and sheets on the bed because they didn't have any more king-size linens. She apologized for the condition of the blanket (full of holes) and the sheet sizes.

I don't know why the owners decided to put this man in charge of the motel, since he is totally incompetent and arrogant. Terry has truly proved herself as a caring and devoted employee to the new owners. Having been in management myself and owning a business with my husband, I can confidently say that Terry is definitely what I consider Management material. She was willing to go that extra mile and I consider that the sign of a true professional. I hope the owners realize what a gem they have.

I give the motel 4 stars, the management 0 stars, the cleanliness of the room 4 stars upon check-in, 0 stars for no show of housekeeper on Saturday and failure of g.m. to do what was promised on Saturday until after 6 p.m. when the reception/check-in employee rode to the rescue 5+ stars.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 123KarenT123
There are newer reviews for Town House Motel

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Price: 3
Service: 2
Room: 2
Cleanliness: -1 smelly

Guess I should not have slummed down, but both hotels.com and "Trip Advisor" rated this place very well, not to mention the "good hotels" were full because of the State Cup Soccer tournament. (Not sure what to think about the generous ratings other than they must be handicapped by price.) The room had a bad odor which hits you when you walk in the door, which makes one question the cleanliness. I'm not usually a "germophobe" but it does give one that "icky" feeling. The shower head was broken & sprayed all over the bathroom. The furnishings are circa 1980's. All that would be passable if it weren't for that horrible smell... A little Fabreeze please!!!

I learned a valuable lesson... You get what you pay for... Or in this instance less.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank eGadzook
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed in Lancaster three weekends for the soccer tournament. We stayed at the America's Best Value Inn for the first two weekends based on the Trip Advisor reviews. I will say, immediately, that the staff there was very good. That having been said, any staff has to work with what they have been given. In short, this property is tired. It appears to me that the ownership is taking out as much money as possible while putting in as little money as possible. In terms of our experience, we were located in a non-smoking room. Clearly, this room was, at one time, a smoking room. Converting a room from smoking to non-smoking requires more than simply hanging a sign on the door. The carpets, curtains, the furniture and perhaps even the drywall has to be replaced. We paid $90.95 per night. This price included a continental breakfast. For our last weekend, we stayed next door at the Town House Motel. In contrast to the America's Best Value Inn, the Town House Motel has been updated. We were also located in a non-smoking room. This one, however, was a true non-smoking room. We paid $67.41 per night or $23.54 less. This price included a continental breakfast. There are nice things I could say about America's Best Value Inn. However, if you have to choose between the two, I have to say that the Town House Motel is the better choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Daniel K
UPALI D, General Manager at Town House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Its my pleasure to thank you share your expireience with the nebouring properties, We allways giving our utmost to offer the best what we can to satisfie our clients,these type of coments will greatly help our team to do much better,Pl see us whenever you all in the City of Lancaster

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Spent one week here in February with my husband, He had been many times on biz and brought me along. It was clean, staff extremely helpful, office is inviting and breakfast good--not fancy, but enough. It was quiet--yes, there is a train nearby, so if that bothers you bring earplugs. Pool area pretty, almost resort-like. Don't be put off by run down motels down the street--this place is a gem. Under new mgt. for past six months and they are working hard to improve it. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wendy h
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Clean , Well Managed , Only GREAT Things to say about this Motel!! Also a Very GOOD Breakfast in Lobby.... Been there Many times ~ & Recommend it !! Great Pool & Jacuzzi.. ... Located on Sierra Hwy But set back from the traffic Noise BUT there is a Train track across the street a train now & than not Bad

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BarbaraG111111
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Needed an inexpensive place to stay for a two day event. It was no 5 star resort but the rooms were very clean and included a microwave, a mini-fridge, and a coffee pot. It seems these days the cheap motels (like Motel 6 or EZ8) skimp on the coffee maker, making guests go visit the lobby for their morning cup of joe - not recommended if you like to drink coffee before your morning shower. This motel is about $20 more to stay at than the Motel 6 and WELL WORTH IT. The beds were comfortable enough, and though I couldn't eat any of the breakfast provided (lactose intolerant) there seemed to be a nice selection. Next time I have to stay in Lancaster, I will probably stay there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed one night and slept like in heaven. The bed was just great and the matress probably new. The price compared to other CA motels I'd been in was remarkably low. The room was nice, good size and clean, service very friendly and they provide a nice breakfast in the morning. I am glad I found this place and will stay there again on my next trip to Lancaster. Located by the Sierra Highway it was really quiet at night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster
#10 of 15 in Palmdale
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in Lancaster

Been to Town House Motel? Share your experiences!