“Don't believe the great reviews for Oxford Inn”

Oxford Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Ok - I don't normally write bad reviews but am compelled to write this one... I booked this hotel because my daughter's soccer team booked a group rate at the Oxford Inn and Suites in Lancaster. I read the reviews on tripadvisor and thought "how bad can it be - good reviews on the web" - omg - I cannot believe it when we got there! The Inn is quite shabby, very old and look quite desolate. The grounds are unkept - big trash bin at one of the side doors, grounds look dirty. The room is really old - popcorn ceiling, shabby furniture, old stuff. The hotel has a smell - not bad odor, but like cleaning chemicals. It is not a refreshing smell - I tell you. Now, I'm thinking to myself - why would I pay $130 to stay at this hotel when Hampton Inn or Mariott Sprinhill is about the same price and is so much nicer? I can't answer that... but ok let me say the good things about this hotel - free breakfast, free internet, free happy hour (2 drinks free and free appetizers) so I can imagine why other people would like this - if you are one of those people who like everything free, and don't really care about the comfort and ambience of your hotel - then this is the place for you! But if you like comfort, want to stay at a nice contemporary hotel - do yourself a favor and choose a different place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Princess*Jilly
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Inn & Suites Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We will review your concerns and appreciate that you notated some positive aspects as well. Our loyal guests value our complimentary amenities and have repeatedly submitted reviews reflecting those sentiments. Thanks again for the feedback.

There are newer reviews for Oxford Inn & Suites Lancaster

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The staff at the inn are just wonderful , Alaways a smile and a good morning . rosalynn at the front desk is most helpful with any problem you may have .She does everything with a smile.
Ihave never met a better staff than those people, they are quite proud of there hotel and it shows.From the clean rooms to the great meals they prepare .

Room Tip: pool view are cool
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank thomas b
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Never knew this hotel was right under my nose all these years! Stayed here with some friends after a get together Friday evening 2-15-13. Got upgraded by the girl at the front desk since we bought 3 rooms and they were clean, up to date, and otherwise spectacular! Apparently there was some kinda event going on cuz I had to wait in line at first but the rest of the stay made up for it. Breakfast in the morning isnt normal buffet style but the girls make it for you! Ill be looking for Oxford everywhere now!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank roy_smil25
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Oxford Inn for a few days and did not want to leave. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Every time management or staff would see me they always asked if everything was ok and if there was anything I needed.
They have a full hot breakfast and dinner in the evening (what more do I need)
Free WiFi and a computer to use if needed.
The hotel was very clean and I really enjoyed my stay there. I would definitely stay there again and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank iforgot2tellu
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at Oxford Inn for a few months, as a travel nurse. The staff was very friendly and super accommodating. My room was very spacious, comfortable, and clean. I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Rachelle P
Reviewed January 1, 2013

OK but small room, showing age, still using the old tech punched holes key. Bed ok, VERY loud heater, sounded like a freight train, turned it off the second night, slept better. Full made to order breakfast, drinks & light dinner at night.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mikkelmoller
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the Oxford at the end of October, and early part of November. We were in Lancaster to adopt our baby son, and the staff at the Oxford made sure that we had a crib for our suite, as well as clean (wrapped in plastic) pots/pans, utensils and dishes for our kitchenette. I've stayed in suites with kitchenettes before, but never had a hotel deliver all of the kitchen accoutrements in plastic, giving us peace of mind that they had all been cleaned.

The location of the Oxford is extremely convenient. It's literally right off the highway, but don't worry about highway noise, as we heard none. The place is older, but kept very neat and clean. The staff is always willing to assist, and the extras that the hotel provides: free made to order breakfast every morning, light dinner at night, and a complimentary beer or wine makes the price all the more reasonable. Not to mention, if you have a craving for some great "home cooked" taste, the Marie Calendars restaurant is literally in the parking lot. Yum!

Thank you Oxford for a great stay. We will look for your brand whenever we venture out west again one day.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family