“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
San Diego, California
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

We travel to Lancaster for soccer tournaments. We always stay at the Oxford Inn. The hotel is clean and comfortable. It has a heat pool and jacuzzi, good for the players AND the parents. The service at the hotel is very good, and the hot breakfast is just right. At night, between 5:30 and 9:00 p.m., there are complimentry beverages including beer and wine.

The rooms themselves also are clean and the beds are very comfortable. Everybody who works at the hotel is friendly and polite.

I would highly recommend this hotel for groups or families. It is an excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: If you want a small kitchenette, ask for a suite. It includes two burners, a refrig and microwave...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank 60750Jjd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I enjoyed my time. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Very polite, clean, and perfect service. The food was amazing! Includes a breakfast buffet and dinner with free beer wine or soda. I recommend this place Holliday Inn. You get more than what you pay hear.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Brunt48
So. California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

The Oxford Inn is not the newest or fanciest hotel, but it is where I have stay whenever my work sends me out this way.

#1 reason is the beds are incredibly comfortable; I need to find out what brand and model for my home. Nothing worse than being on a work trip and waking up with a sore back.

#2 Plenty of water pressure in the shower, I hate when you have to run around the shower trying to get wet.

#3 Balconies that overlook the pool, I always try to get a room with a balcony, something you don't see in the newer hotels, it just makes the room more inviting when you are able to go outside for some fresh air and not just glance out a window with a view of a parking lot.

#4 The bar near the lobby, another great feature. You get 2 coupons for wine or beer or soft drink. It’s great to be able to get out and socializes a bit without leaving the hotel. They also have a complementary buffet in the evenings, sometimes the food is good sometimes its looks pretty bad. But in that case, Marie Callendars is right across the parking lot.

There are a few items that they do come up short, the lease expensive rooms are bland, might as well be at a Motel 6, the bathrooms are small, and the furnishings need updating, but I will still come back.

I am sure the next time my work sends me to the Palmdale/Lancaster area I will be staying at the Oxford Inn

Room Tip: Book a room with a balcony,
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank RickW04
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

I traveled with two large dogs. The price is 25 for a little dog and 50 for 65lbs and over. Its a one time fee. There is a lot of area to walk your pets and places for them to iliminate. There is a maricalenders right next door. Very good food for any meal. This hotel offers a breakfast buffet and 2 free drinks at night beer or wine or soft drink. There is a large pool and a weight room. There is also two computers for office stuff. The rooms feel old though. My priority were my pets. This is a great hotel considering the money I saved not having to board my dogs.

• Stayed July 2011
Crestline, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband has been working away from home in this area for quite some time. We are so happy that he has found the Oxford Inn~ The rooms are immaculate and the staff is always friendly and helpful. It is not a suprise that alot of his co-workers are also staying there. It is also really nice that he can have a 'hot' breakfast everyday before going to work. Thank you for being his home away from home.....
Trish Thibodeaux

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Crstlnmom
Bountiful, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

I initially stayed here back in Aprill 2011. I flew to LA to see my son in Lancaster. Just my luck, I got stuck in horrid traffic for nearly 4 hours on the way there! I was exhausted by the time I arrived at the Inn. My room was up on the 4th floor. I thought the room was VERY cozy and I had a great view of the sunrise. I unpacked, called my son to tell him that I would see him in the morning, and then I promptly flopped down on the extremely comfortable bed. Queen size Sealy pillow-top bed with premium sheets and a faux down comfortor, it also had 4-5 plump pillows. I always bring my own pillow when I travel but I could have easily used these this time. The linen smelled fresh like it just came out of the dryer too. Almost needless to say, I didn't budge from the bed that evening. Loved it!

The room was clean, a bit on the small (cozy) side but I liked it. The bathroom is also on the cozy side, nevertheless, very clean and neat.

I enjoyed a nice hot breakfast every morning with eggs cooked to order, bacon, and pancakes,

The Staff was accomodating, polite and friendly.

My second stay was just as memorable as the first and I even got to stay in the same room. I liked that.

Oxford Inn will be the ONLY hotel I'll stay in when next I come for a visit. Two thumbs way up. :-)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Cathey's Valley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

Great location, right off the 14 Freeway, but Oxford seemed like the oldest hotel on the same street where 3 very new hotels were located. Plenty of easy parking all around the hotel. Check-in was easy although the friendly desk clerk talked way too much. They had exactly ONE luggage cart and you had to go find it, he said go look way back by the elevator. ONE luggage cart for the whole hotel? Toilet/shower were separated from the sink, which is great–but–the bathroom was like a cave. Very very dark despite a light and a heat light. And the shower water temp fluctuated strongly–going from ice cold to scalding hot without warning; haven’t had this happen in a modern hotel in years! Room seemed nice and clean except for the stains on the bed sheet, which either looked like blood or some “other liquid” which I’ll let your imagination guess what it was! Didn't find the stains until 11:30 PM and was tired, so didn't bother the staff at that time--bdesides what would they do that late? So I just slept "as far away as possible" from the stain area. Sofa was very “springy” and uncomfortable as was the bed. The TV had maybe 70 channels and was fine. Window opened to let in nice air flow. On the first day there, you were given 3 mints and 2 complimentary bottles of water. Second day you got nothing and only partial soap replacement. Asked for a wake-up call the 1st night because I couldn’t figure out how to work the provided alarm clock–the wake-up call never came! Again, this hasn’t happened to me in a hotel in years! Same morning I called the front desk to talk to the manager about the sheet stains and the missed wake-up call. I was told she’d be in at 9 AM and they asked when could she call me, I said in the afternoon. Afternoon came and went–no call. I was there ALL afternoon watching a football game, so I know she didn't attempt to call. That evening I checked in again and asked why the manager didn’t call me to handle my concerns? The evening front desk girl was very rude and quite unpleasant. Finally someone else came out and handled the situation and called the manager and I ended up with a discount for the 1st night’s stay, big deal. Oxford does a coupon thing for the free breakfast and evening reception. Breakfast just doesn’t work with the coupon thing–they cook your eggs/waffles one at a time by hand. I had to wait sometime even with only 3 or 4 people in front of me–what if 10 or 12 had been in front of me? Just put the food out like other hotels and let guests serve themselves. I guess they do it this way to control portion size, guess they don’t care how long people, who may be in a hurry, have to wait. Evening reception, again only with coupon, worked much better as they had the food out to help yourself with. First night was orange chicken and teriyaki chicken, plus potato chips, and a veggie assortment. Second night was the same chips/veggies plus spaghetti and a very tasty sauce, plus very good meatballs. You got 2 free drink coupons for which you received the smallest glass of draft beer I’ve ever seen, maybe 4 or 6 ounces? And a tiny maybe 4 ounce cup of diet coke. Pathetically cheap! Meal was fine but tacky cheap drink service. Luckily the hotel wasn’t that full, or else people just avoided the meals–evening went fine despite the minuscule drinks, breakfast was a very slow painful nightmare. Get modern Oxford and stop trying to cut corners to save a few $$$! Several good movie theaters within a very short drive. Marie Callendar’s in front of the hotel, but with free though very slow breakfast and free dinner, why pay to eat there? Plus it seemed VERY busy. The Oxford was nice in some ways, but very bad in some others, so I’d rate it only as “barely adequate”.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Inn & Suites Lancaster, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We truly apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations and we believe we can do better, as evidenced by comments posted below by other guests . Our Manager, Daniel Lawlor, would like to personally extend his apology and asks that you contact him directly at 661.949.3423. Please consider giving Oxford Inn &Suites another opportunity to show you why we are so highly regarded in Lancaster. Again, thank you for posting your review.