“Business Comfort”

Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great rooms, friendly staff, and filling breakfast. What more do you need in a hotel? Beds are comfortable and hotel is quiet. There is free WiFi for all your business and personal needs. We had a large group and often met in the breakfast area in the evenings. The hotel staff made sure that coffee, juice, and hot water were always available. It is everything a business hotel should be. Absolutely will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been coming to Lancaster to visit my mother for years. It is good to say that each visit to this Holiday Inn, it is never disappointing or a surprise. Melissa is always friendly and accommodating as is the rest of the staff. All caring, helpful, pleasant and cheerful. Obviously a well managed and disciplined staff, with as a greater attention to detail compared to other hotels I frequent throughout the country.

Room Tip: I always stay in the suites. They are more spacious than the value brands they market themselves as...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Well kept Holiday inn. Seems to be family run and thats why its so clean and kept up. Out of the way but good restaurants are in the area. Nice breakfast and sitting area. Laundry facility is available in hotel. Only negative is the workout room only 4 pieces of equipment.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The staff was extremely nice and helpful with room keys that wouldn't work and suggesting local restaurants. The bed was very comfortable. Everything was clean. I liked how they provided plastic water glasses in the room instead of glass ones (more hygienic). BUT I ran into a major issue our last morning there. I got two little cartons of fat free milk out of their mini fridge in the breakfast area. I sat down, took a bite of toast, then opened one and took a huge swig of it. IT WAS ROTTEN. I got up and ran to the garbage can and spit it out. Told the breakfast attendant and she and her boss went and looked at all the milks in the fridge. They were ALL past their date. I didn't even look at the date since the lady refilled the fridge every morning. LESSON LEARNED. Took me brushing my teeth three times to finally get the nasty taste out of my mouth.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the elevator. It is very loud.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Lisa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review, your feedback is very important to us as it gives us ways to improve.

I am extremely sorry for the incident you hard regarding the spoiled milk. There is no excuse on why the milk was put inside the refrigerator for guest consumption when it was outdated and for that I truly apologize. I would like to reinsure you that this is not the way we do business and I have taken this matter very seriously. I have stressed the importance to my breakfast staff that although the box says a valid date they must always confirm that the cartons match that date.

On another note, I am very glad to hear that our staff took care of your matters and handled your issues in the correct manner. I hope to have another opportunity to show you how amazing the Holiday Inn Express is. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely

Lisa Hamelton

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was my second time staying at the Holiday Inn Express, Lancaster. The first stay was shortly after the hotel opened, so I was curious to see how well it had held up over the last few years. I was pleased to find that it is still clean, comfortable and friendly. The rooms are well maintained and very clean. Beds are comfortable and free Wi-Fi is always a plus. The breakfast offerings varied a bit each day, which is nice. I particularly liked the automatic pancake maker, which I haven't seen at any other hotel. Convenient to the 14 freeway, so it's easy to get around town. Marie Callendar's restaurant is a short walk up the street for an easy dinner option. Was here with friends, occupying a total of four rooms and everyone was very pleased with the hotel.

Room Tip: Be aware that rooms at the back of the hotel have very bright light until late at night. Blackout c...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SpeedwayCJ
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stopped in Lancaster and we stayed at the Holiday Inn express. Our stay was nice. The beds were firm. Rooms were clean. Plenty of Towels. TV was large and plenty of channels. But they need a channel list for easy reference. The express breakfast is ok. They might need to buy a couple extra carts for luggage.
Easy access to Freeway.
Front desk lady Melissa is Fantastic! She goes the extra mile for people. The staff I ran across was pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CaliHawaii
Lisa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and hope you return in the future. We have now added the TV channel listing in our rooms for easy access to our channel guide. Also, we are working on getting new luggage carts as well. Thank you for your suggestions as it helps us to improve in our service to our guest.

I will be sure to let Melissa know that you have left this wonderful comment, she will be thrilled. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you the next time around. Have a great day!

Regards

Lisa

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed here for a soccer tournament. This is a new hotel and they have done a great job making sure that they escaped from the usual Lancaster feel of hotels in the area. The room was clean and welcoming. The lobby was nicely updated with a big screen tv with couches and chairs. People were hanging out watching the Olympics while relaxing on the chairs. The breakfast in the morning had a nice selection of cereal, fruit, pancakes, little omlettes with cheese or scrambled eggs, and warm cinnamon rolls. They even had yogurt in a fridge.

There was only one hiccup in the beginning of our stay with the tv. They have Direct TV, but no box. We couldn't get the tv to change channels at first and called down to the front desk. They told us to unplug the tv and plug it in again to reset it. Still didn't change channels, even with moving the remote around. Called down again, and a guy said he would be there to fix it. When he came in, he showed us a tiny sensor right below the tv that has to be connected to the stand. It is pushed on there and stays via a sticker of some sort. It worked, but less than a few minutes later, the piece came away from the tv again, and we had to get up and push it back on. I ended up pulling the wire more from the back of the tv to give it more slack so that it wouldn't be pulled off. That worked and we never had an issue with the tv again.

Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would definitely stay here again. The bed was comfy, the room was quiet, and this hotel is close to the fields.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sugarsht
Lisa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, despite to TV issue. I apologize for the issues you experienced with your TV. Please rest assured that we have already contacted Direct TV and informed them of the issue. A technician has been scheduled to come out and fix the ongoing issue with the sensor. This way next time you come you won’t have this issue. Again, thank you for your review and comments as we find them as ways to improve. We hope to see you again, thank you!