“Good Hotel great people”

Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed November 2, 2013

A nice hotel to stop and rest if you are on a business trip like me. People are so friendly here that I felt I was home. Breakfast very good with hot good food. Rooms are clean and quiet. Bathrooms would take an update but they are clean. I would stop again if I am in the area

1  Thank maurizi01957
Lisa H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that our staff was able to make you feel right at home. It isn’t always fun traveling on business and I am glad that we were able to make you comfortable and relaxed. Come back soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed there one night be mistake. It was the best mistake I'd made in a long time. I arrived just in time for the Monday night reception. I enjoyed a football game on a big screen TV in a very comfortable chair surrounded by good food and cold drinks. Tina kept the food hot and the drinks cold and ready. No soggy pretzels , stale chips, and flat drinks here... top quality goodies all around! Luis made the rounds sincerely inquiring from each of us how they might make the experience better.

The room was bright and clean. the bedding soft and comfortable. Breakfast was hot and ready on time. I was on my way to my destination wondering how I could manage to divert myself back there again soon. I really enjoyed myself.

1  Thank safety247
Lisa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Boy am I glad you made that mistake too!! Your review was one of the best I have heard! I am very delighted to hear that our staff made you feel that wonderful during your stay. I am also happy to know that we didn’t have soggy pretzels, (yuk). We hope your mistake turned into a loyalty and we will see you much more. See you soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Should have written this before now, but still wanted to give kudos to the hotel and staff. My husband, 10-yr old grandson, and I stayed at this hotel from August 9 to the 19th. We echo ever good thing that others have recently written about the hotel accommodations. The staff truly was warm and welcoming. The room cleaning crew, in particular, did a wonderful job. Only one slight negative (and I can't complain because it was complimentary--breakfast was adequate but, having stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Boston shortly before, I noted that the Lancaster breakfast had neither the variety or quality of that in Boston.
Special thanks to one reception desk member, Jonathan Armstrong. Two days after our arrival, I had a severe vertigo attack while at the hotel. My husband called 911 and I was hospitalized for most of a day. Jonathan went out of his way to frequently inquire about my health thereafter. My husband and I both appreciated the unsolicited concern.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat W

I am more than happy to hear about your experience while at our hotel. Jonathan is not only caring and helpful, but one of our many shining stars. I hope that you are feeling much better and we hope we see you again soon. Thank you for your loyalty and thank you for your wonderful review.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I usually stay happily at Holiday Inn Expresses across the country. The Lancaster HIX seemed to offer the same satisfaction with the warm greeting at check-in. The employees were all friendly gracious people. The room however was either very hot or very cold. It was impossible to maintain a comfortable temperature. You can always count on the breakfast being delicious. Each of three mornings brought disappointment. Every morning the ran out of the hot breakfast offering. On a Monday, they even ran out of their signature cinnamon rolls.

Would a second visit go well? I will probably never know!

1  Thank DanJac38
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear DanJac38,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have come to this hotel many different times for a variety of reasons. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming to Lancaster! They just remodeled their hotel and it was phenomenal. They recently added a Evening Reception on Monday and Wednesday nights that is completely free to the guests. Their staff is extremely friendly and makes you feel right at home everytime!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel.
It was not super fancy, ornate, or elegant, but it was extremely clean (possibly the cleanest I've seen) and very well appointed.
There was a fridge and micro in the room.
Nice wall color and awesome rug pattern.
There was no fragrance smell in the hallway or in the rooms.
There was a very nice tiled tub/shower area. Extremely well done.
Plenty of counter space in the bathroom.
Plenty of outlets.
Lots of hot water and good water pressure.
The bed was a bit hard for my taste, but it was fine.
The bedding was soft and comfortable.
The doors to each room looked like outside doors. Very tastefully done and unique.
Lastly...Marissa and Jonathan at the desk were efficient, polite, and adorable.
I would definitely stay again.
: -)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was pleaseantly suprised by the Re-model of the hotel.. It looked nothing like the pictures I saw on the web. The rooms were modern and comfortable. I felt safe there. I felt bad for the desk clerk at night "Lewis".. I bugged him for ebvrything from Wake up call, for extra bedding, to toiletries.. I got everything I needed.

This is defenatley one of the nicer Holiday Inn Express estblisments I've stayed at. I will stay here whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends