“Love this place!”

Order Online
Ranked #19 of 283 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

The Greenhouse Cafe’s Mandarin Chicken Salad is hands-down my favorite dish ever. We moved 1400 miles away and I find myself longing for it. The dressing is fabulous. When we’re in town visiting, i make sure to stop in for a meal or two and the last thing I do is grab a to-go salad to take on the plane with me and extra dressing to take home. They serve a very good selection of salads, sandwiches, and other pasta dishes, which my family enjoy. The parking is easy, the restaurant is charming, and the prices are quite reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed December 17, 2018

Since my last review in May 2018, we didn't have such a pleasant experiences this time.

I was with the same group of friends and family and only my daughter received her lunch in a timely manner (10 minutes). The rest of the group had to wait for 40-50 minutes before we saw food.

When we inquired about our party's food at the 35 minute mark, we were told that the staff had to handle the large group that arrived about 15 minutes after we ordered!

That response from our waitress set my whole party in an uproar! While she probably was being truthful, the answer she gave basically said to us "Your business is not important enough to provided timely service, we have bigger fish to fry!"

We finally did get our food, however, my 1/2 Tuna Salad sandwich was dry and the Clam Chower was thick like gravy and I don't remember tasting clam.

To their credit, when I asked our waitress to change my order because I didn't like it, the replacement pasta dish was spicy & delicious. Also, Greenhouse issued two gift cards to our party for use next time.

We will continue to come here and we hope that next time will be a better experience!

-Anthony

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Once again enjoyed a relaxing afternoon lunch here.

Definitely love the Cajun Chicken Salad which is served with a tasty toast.

There is also a pasta version, so try them both!

Lots of healthy choices here and the service is excellent!

Do come and experience breakfast or lunch at Greenhouse Cafe...

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018

I've been going to the Greenhouse Cafe for years for group luncheons and even baby showers, but twice this month I've conducted business meetings with two different groups here. The food is good, the staff is very friendly and always willing to go out of their way to help. If you're looking for a great venue to hold your next meeting, take a look at this spot and enjoy one of the delicious soups, sandwiches or pastas.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed July 16, 2017

Four of us came to join a larger group in one of the side rooms. It is interesting that the restaurant charges each diner $2 extra added to their meal if they are dining in one of the side rooms. I ordered French dip and there was a lot of meat and ample au jus. The sandwich came with a cold pasta salad of some sort, which was tasty. The issue we had was with our friend's order. His order arrived considerably after ours and when he received it, it was wrong. He asked for the missing bacon, which they did not just hand to him at the order window, but told him to go back to his table and they would bring it out. He waited and waited and waited. I mean really, how long does it take to give someone the side of bacon they asked for when they originally ordered? So as it was, the three of us completely finished our meals and had our plates cleared before our friend received his meal as ordered. The inconsistent service was an issue. I also noticed that the rating on the entrance was a "B" which gave me pause.

Date of visit: July 2017