“Poor service and food”

Maribel’s Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 7 Bakeries in Lancaster
Reviewed April 15, 2019

I was there recently with a group of friends and not impressed with the food. They have many different choices to select from.I ordered bean pupusas and they were mostly cheese, more like quesadilla..I also ordered mole enchiladas and I asked for the chicken filling. I was not able to eat the chicken because it was like chewing rubber.I am not going back there.They took forever to serve our order.The place is very small and they do not have restrooms for the customers.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Maribels on 20th street west Lancaster and avenu J has been a staple of Lancaster. They have great cakes that are ready to be purchased and they can write your sentiments on it! Maribel herself is very accommodating and very personable. They make great popusas and other foods. Cakes are delicious and with the money! Love love this place and the staff are wonderful folks!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed July 29, 2016

We went to Maribel's during a Thursday Farmer's Market on the Blvd. We ordered a few pupusas including a vegetarian pupusa where you pick two of several ingredients. It was actually kind of cool to watch the person in the kitchen make and cooked the Pupusas right there by hand. It took 25 minutes. I ordered a horchata, which was grainy. I would recommend Maribel's for their pupusas; the food is good enough for 4-5 dots, but make sure you have the time to wait.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed May 13, 2016

I loved the cake that I got for my birthday a couple of months back! It was a strawberry and chocolate cake, so good! I do recommend the cakes for any occasion, though you do have to order 2 weeks in advance. Their Mexican food is very good, as I have been looking for some good places for a while. I recommend the burrito and tacos the most.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed December 12, 2015

The Bakery is great and the tamales are wonderful, I go there often and keep some on hand in my fridge because I live a bit away. I get a craving when out. The service is really friendly. I get pastries for community gatherings and everyone loves it.

Date of visit: December 2015