“A good cigar / bottle of wine / great company”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Foxy's Landing & Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 248 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We enjoyed the evening on Foxy's patio, where you can enjoy a cozy fire at table made for friends, and also where you can make new friends. Tonight the owner Joudi joined his patrons - friends for cigars, wine, alot of socializing, and dinner. We even welcomed some first time visitors from Edwards Air Force Base.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went to Foxy's for my Birthday. Traveled 250 miles to get there. Had not been there for about 6 months. In that 6 months, it went to hell. This place had a Porterhouse Steak that was the standard for which I judged every other steak, until October 17, 2013. Arrived at the place and the door to the restaurant was locked and we were instructed, by a hand written note, to enter through the bar. We made our way through the bar, which was seedy and showed neglect. Noticed there were new menus. The steak is now al la carte, but the same price. Your potato is now $2.50 extra. Used to be greeted by the server with a hot basket of corn chips and a bowl of salsa. Not now. Ordered my usual porterhouse and my lovely wifey and my sister-in-law ordered the baby back ribs, My steak arrived with a pale grey tint to it when it was cut. The steak tasted like it was either freezer burnt or left out too long. Could not eat the steak. Wife and sister-in-law noticed their ribs were stone cold. Like just out of the refer and warm BBQ sauce smeared on them. I turned over the ribs and touched them to confirm the lack of warmth. I licked my finger and was appalled that it was rancid!!! Informed the server who asked if I would like to speak to the owner. Said yes and waited only to be informed a very pregnant pause later that the owner "just" left the building but I could talk to the cook, which I did. I asked him id he saw the grey hue to the steak. He said yes and I asked why he allowed it to be served in the first place. He shrugged and offered to cook me another.....Not in this lifetime!

To be absolutely fair, my brother-in-law ordered a Filet which was a good cut of meat and done exactly as he wanted it.

Too bad, so sad to see this place deteriorate so.