“Nice gem of a place”

Order Online
Ranked #43 of 282 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Our friends that live in the area love this place! And I understand why.

Our food was excellent. We ate mid afternoon and were told the fried rice would be 10 minutes (it was less. We also heard them tell the same thing to another table.)

4 stars only because 3 of our meals arrived quickly and the 4th meal..can out just before the fried rice. Meaning, 3 of us sat looking at our food cooling as we waited for the 4th meal to arrive. (Just as my husband said go ahead and eat, his meal arrived.) If all 4 meals would have been delivered at once, they would have received 5 stars.

I left a large tip because our service was great.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

This is always one of the top choices for my family when it comes to Chinese food!! I love their Lemon Chicken (and several other dishes as well). They are the only place that prepares it the way I like it!

Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

I love Great Wall’s food. When I lived nearby, we ate there about once a week. I now live about 1400 miles away, but when we’re in town visiting, we always eat there. The lunch special is an amazing deal. The dishes served family-style are generous and delicious. The service is always very good. I would happily give it 5 stars, but the decor is getting a bit tired and the carpet is worn out. A little paint and new carpet would do wonders for the atmosphere.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Here at place for family or visitor outings. Food. Is very good and it’s a great savings if you need to feed a large family. The parking can be a little full some times. But worth the small amount of walking. Never to far. They also have take out.
It’s a little dusty. I heard there are new owners. I wish them the best of luck. It was always our go to place to feed a crowd. And office party’s take out.
Now I’m retired it’s my go to girls get together lunch place.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 8, 2018

If you can get past the fact that this place has not been cleaned in the last forty years, you will be OK. That is the only thing that brings the rating down. Actually the health department should condemn them for the carpet alone.

We get take out more often than eating in nowadays. Nicole at the front desk does a great job. To go orders are always correct. Occasionally go for the lunch special which is an amazing deal.

I really like the MooGoo. Nice white meat chicken and super fresh veggies. Also like the fried shrimp and egg rolls. Ginger beef is good.

Date of visit: September 2018