“surprising food and value”
Review of Little Szechwan

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Little Szechwan
Ranked #51 of 283 Restaurants in Lancaster
Reviewed August 31, 2017

My daughter took me here yesterday for my birthday as I had been craving Chinese food. In the AV other than fast food Chinese its hard to find a real Chinese restaurant. Aside from 2 others that we tried and not liked this was the last choice. Well you can believe I was truly surprised. This place was at one time, many years ago the Ming Palace. I believe that was the name. Anyway, I gotta say that the food was really good. We started with Fried Shrimp and Egg Rolls or what is called Spring Rolls. I usually don't like spring rolls but my daughter wanted to try them. They were pretty good. The fried shrimp was butterflied and really tasty. I enjoyed that. We ordered the pork fried rice with no veggies (carrots and peas) which had plenty of meat and egg. Really good. Also ordered the chicken chow mein. Nice soft noodles, lots of chicken but not overpowered, and some veggies. This too was very good. I like the crispy noodles which they called fried wonton with my chow mein and they were made from he wontons and stripped and fried. So thin and crispy. We laid this on the plate and put the chow mein on top. Yummy. Total price was aprox $25.00 with tip included. We will be back again soon as there are other dishes we want to try. As long as the Fried rice is good we will go back and try other dishes. The shrimp and lobster sauce looks good. white, egg sauce without the black bean. My hubbys favorite. Airy, clean, roomy and friendly.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Not only was the food good it wasn't terribly expensive, for both dishes we paid less than $20. My friend and I both got combination plates with egg flower soup(yum), an egg roll, and our dishes; hearty amount of food. They also make accommodations for gluten free.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed July 30, 2016

Have been going here since they opened which is before there was a The Blvd. The food may be simple but it has always been fresh and tasty, nice variety, and inexpensive. Have also got takeout, also good. The owners are the cooks and it's a family operation. So far it's the best Chinese food we've found in Lancaster during our 10 yrs here.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 27, 2016

very good chinese food and good portions. pleasant service but can be a little slow when busy as only 1 or 2 people are there to take care of everyone.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed October 26, 2015

While this place may not seem fancy their food is great. My wife and i like this much better than the great wall chinese food because it has more flavor.

Date of visit: October 2015