“Super King Buffet”

Super King Buffet
Ranked #106 of 282 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: International
Reviewed March 17, 2015

I like the variety and with the Mongolian barbecue I can make my own menu. My husband and I visit there at least once a month.

Date of visit: February 2015

Reviewed February 2, 2014

First off, Super King is closed and has been for awhile. The new restaurant is called Sakura Buffet. It is very similar to the old restaurant but maybe a notch below. They also have raised prices twice and it is now $12.99 for the weekend dinner. It still is decent although not quite as good as Asia Buffet in Palmdale, which is more upscale. The manager is very nice and you should talk to him if you have a problem. On Tuesday's, Senior Citizens are HALF PRICE! The food is kept filled, hot and fresh and they feature a Mongolian BBQ.

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Friendly & clean If I ever have the opportunity to visit Lancaster again I will DEFINIATELY stay here again.

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have been going to this buffet for years and it has had it's ups and downs. I think it has recently changed ownership because there have been some changes. The food is really pretty good, at least what I have tried. I have all kinds of food allergies, so going out to a restaurant is always a challenge for me to find something that doesn't have wheat, corn, dairy, tomatoes or eggs in it. This buffet has several kinds of baked or broiled fish and chicken, lots of vegetables, sushi and salad stuff. It is great to have somewhere to eat out with everybody else being able to find plenty of whatever they like too :-)
My only negative comment is that they have put up annoying signs about not taking the cookies. and not wasting food. They say you will be charged extra...The way I look at it is that if there is somebody taking 5 plates of food and I only eat 1 plate of food, but I am paying the same amount of money, if I want to take some cookies home for later what is the big deal? It is supposed to be an "All You Can Eat" buffet and I can see them not wanting folks to take large portions of things and not eat them, but really, the signs are a bit off putting. I personally will put a small amount of whatever I want to try on my plate and if I like it will go back and get more. Not everybody thinks the same way as I do though...
Overall, I think the food has gotten much better lately and I will just ignore the signs since I cannot eat the cookies anymore anyway :-)

Date of visit: January 2013