“Worst beds and towels ever!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
Lompoc, CA
“Worst beds and towels ever!”
Reviewed June 2, 2006

We stayed one night-- never again! While the hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful, the accomodations left much to be desired. We're not picky, but the bed was the hardest bed we've ever slept in, the pillows were flat, and the towels were like sandpaper! If you can look past these things, then the hotel was fine.

The hotel was clean, our room had good furniture and appliances (TV, Fridge, Microwave, etc.) and the bathroom was clean. The breakfast was adequate and well-stocked.

There was no way we would have stayed another night. Sleeping and showering are too important, and those two things were both horrible. If you don't mind a rock-hard mattress or sandpaper towels, then you probably won't want to miss staying at this hotel. But you've been warned...

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank dorrettab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ventura County Coast, California
Reviewed January 26, 2006

I only stayed here one night, and it was one night too many. The outside looks nice, but my first impression wasn't very good. One of the desk attendants was standing right outside the entrance to the lobby smoking a cigarette. The girl actually "working" the desk was sitting behind another counter with her feet propped up on the counter while she surfed the internet. She was courteous, but my request for an upper-floor room (made when I reserved the room weeks earlier) wasn't honored.

It was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but still had a faint odor of smoke. The room itself was unusually large, with a queen bed, nightstand, large dresser with the TV on it (facing the bed), a sofa (which may have been a sleeper but I didn't check), a small recliner, a microwave and small refrigerator in a separate unit (in the corner facing the sofa), and the smallest desk and you can possibly imagine. The top of the "desk" had a telephone, a small lamp, and a small rack with brochures, and they took up the whole desk! They had complimentary high-speed internet but it isn't wireless, so you have to plug it in, then take absolutely everything off the desk just to fit a laptop on it! The furnishings were OK, the room was clean, the bathroom was fine, and even had an upgraded showerhead. But the bed - horrid! It was thin, very springy, and slumped in the middle - like it was 30 years old. Just awful. Thank goodness I always take my own feather pillow whenever I travel...theirs were way too poofy.

I was looking forward to using the whirlpool, but when I discovered I would have to walk across the parking lot to get to it (and back), that it was only about 10' from the freeway (VERY noisy), needed a special code to open the gate (which I had to go back to the front desk to get), and was barely warm, I decided to pass! And re-entering the building from any of the card-entry doors was extremely frustrating. It took at least 5 tries every single time to get one to unlock, then you had to pull it with all your might to actually open it.

I just grabbed a few things for breakfast on my out, but it was just the standard fare (coffee, juice, cereal, yogurt, fruit, pastries, toaster waffles) with the addition of hard-boiled eggs - nothing exceptional.

I would only stay here again if I absolutely had to, and then I'd check every room they wanted to give me until I found one with a decent mattress (if that's possible).

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank Aimless
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 17, 2005

Do not be trapped by "COMFORT INN" Flag. This place is AWFUL. We decide to pay more for the Comfort Inn because of the name and great reputation. This place is filthy, in bad need of remodeling and the Hotel staff of terrible. The furniture was torn and stained with food, the floor was wiped with what seem to be goo and the carpet was just plain nasty. The paint was dirty, wallpaper was peeling and there was food stuck to the walls. The bathroom shower was covered in mildew, the toilet seat had a huge gouge out of it. My son refused to sit on the seat because he said it looked like poop!
The bed linens had stains on them! Totally gross!
But..we did not see any bugs. Probably because they were at a nicer hotel!
Save your money. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2005

Would not stay any more. Room was not clean completely. Found two bugs in bathroom and food under the bed. We did not get service until next day from houskeeping. We have to clean under the bed as it was smeling bad.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 13, 2005

Great location as it was close to Highway 14. Room was clean, except for some debris by the telephone. Bathroom amenities were adequate. Breakfast was somewhat of a disappointment. It was not up to the Choice Hotels standards. I did go back to the area after I was done, and they did replenish the breakfast buffet. I might have to stay at the Holiday Inn Express across the street. Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business