“Used to be good”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We go to Willow Springs Raceway once a year for Cal Club races and we always look forward to coming here for the Lamb Shank. Well, not sure I will go back. Saturday night we arrived about 6:30 thinking it would be busy after the airshow at Fox Field. The parking lot was busy but it seemed everyone was int he bar. We were told to sit anywhere so the 4 of us got a booth. We were brought menus by a nice young man who turned out to be the busboy. however, he was so attentive we though he was a manager. Our waitress took forever to take our drink orders then it took forever to bring them. We ordered....3 of us got the Lamb Shanks and 1 got something else. We were dismayed to see they quit including a side with the meal. An appetizer was also ordered which took a long time to come. It finally came with the salads. When the food finally arrived I was ready. I started eating and the closer I got to the bone the cooler the meat was. Then I was eating frozen meat!! It actually crunched! The bus boy seemed very concerned and sent the waitress over, who just looked at me like "what am I supposed to do". She finally took it back to be re-heated. Of coarse by the time I got it back everyone else was done eating. And it was hotter although the part near the bone was still cool. Very disappointing. For the price, $28, they should have taken something off the bill for the poor food. And service. Other than the busboy the service was awful. And some friends were there right before us and had the same issue with service.

I have never had frozen meat served before. We will most likely never go back. I will write the manager if I can find info, they don't appear to have a website.

1  Thank borregolinda

Reviewed March 13, 2014

The first time we went the food and service was excellent, we had so much fun we went back the next week. This was a bad misstep on my part. The service was the worst, I asked for the server we had last week, however she was off this night. the food was not food veggies with no flavor and a steak that could be beef jerky withe fat. I will not return.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Started with an appetizers, Don't Do it! Crab cakes had pieces of crab and the stuff mushrooms weren't cooked. Steak was burnt and not medium rare. Veggies were not fresh and sautéed shrimp was full of garlic. To expensive. Not worth it

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We go to Foxy's Steakhouse fairly regular, the food is great, the atmosphere is simple but great, the patrons that visit regularly come back time and time again.
I am a Tbone or Porterhouse guy, and have never had a bad steak here, the owner is frequently there to meet his customers, and make sure they have had a great experience.
For us those of us that enjoy a good cigar, Foxy has a patio that where you can enjoy an after drink, and good cigar with friends.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Not at all what I had expected. My steak was supposed to have been Cajun but had too much garlic (I had been warned). I felt like they are overpriced for something that I could have easily cooked myself by opening up a jar of pre chopped garlic. I was ok with the steak but not ok with mushy over cooked and what appeared to be frozen vegetables.. very disappointed they should have been fresh veggies. Maybe it was just a bad day for the cook?