“Well located off freeway.”

E-Z 8 Motel Lancaster
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed the two nights at this motel. It is easily found just off freeway, and is in quite a handy location. Being set back, there is no problem with traffic and has ample parking. Gives easy access to everything really and there is a Denny's only 5 minutes walk away. Service on reception was efficient and helpful with a supply of maps. Room was clean and comfortable, bed linen was fine and no difficulties with supply of hot water. Room was reasonably large and considered this motel to be good value considering nightly rates elsewhere in Lancaster.Would therefore recommend as do not think will get better value.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank peter e

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Close to the 40 and easy to find. Plenty of parking. The room was very comfortable. It was clean and showed signs of regular maintenance. The check in when I arrived was via a small window which I found rather odd. The staff told me where to go to eat locally. A few places within walking distance.

The room on the upper floor was nice and warm when i arrived.

Great value. I would use this place again if I was travelling in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Clean, roomy with a fridge, comfortable mattress, a wonderful low price...no frills but clean and safe is what we look for. One warning...walls are paper thin and we had to listen to a woman shouting at her kid for 4 hours but luckily it stopped by ten PM.

Suggestion to manager.....when hotel is not full as was the case last night, place folks with kids away from others due to paper thin walls. It would not be fair for hotel to get a bad review because of the inconsideration of hotel guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from others due to paper thin walls.
Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I found this motel with my gps. I checked the reviews and they all seemed excellent. I got to the lobby and the service was acceptable, but not incredible. I had a truck full of tools so I asked for a room I could park near. They gave me a room where my truck was parked 4 feet from the door (thumbs up). I got to the room and it was clean but definitely dated. The tub is old but functional. Shower worked ok. One thing I found odd was in my perticular room the carpet was missing under the bed. The same size as the bed. The area that its in is actually decent. All in all it was a good stay for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank HiTechRedneck776
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I must say that when I initially pulled up to this hotel, after a long and exhaustive drive, I was a little bit concerned at first. I saw several people milling around outside their rooms, doors opening and closing, etc., and I thought at first perhaps that this was a crack house motel, or prostitute type of place. Anyway, I did not let my 1st visual impression sway me as I have come to trust the reviews on trip advisor, and those that post them. Besides for a mere $50.32 for 1 night including taxes, I was not expecting an amazing experience. I found that my initial reactions were completely unfounded, and everything was just fine.

The front desk clerk was friendly enough, and efficient. I was in and out of the office within about 3 minutes. I had requested a room on a lower floor, and that had been taken care of.

My room was just fine. Nothing fancy, but again, for the price that I paid, it was well worth it. It had a table and 2 chairs, a large and comfortable queen size bed, in room refrigerator (that worked just fine, it actually did not freeze everything as I have noticed often times they can do). TV was fine (although I don’t bother watching TV anymore when I travel, just use the laptop).

I do want to say one thing about a handout in the room, that one could possibly become alarmed about. It states the “house rules” of the motel. Now clearly, they must have had problems with some of these things individually in the past, but none of them were present when I stayed there. But you can become a bit nervous just seeing them in black & white (as I did). “No parties; guiet time is 10pm-9am; any extra guests after 10pm, must be “declared” for a $5 fee, if they are not “declared” there is a $15 fee; No damage to smoke alarms (felony charge);l No yelling; No car horns, No Whistling, No shopping carts.

So in looking at the above list, one could think they have made a bad choice. Again, not true. I did not have any of the things on this list happen, except one time there was a car that drove through with loud bass. Granted, there were doors slamming a bit, and people walking around, but I felt safe and secure and comfortable in my room

The only negative thing I can say, and believe me this is a stretch, is that there were not enough electrical outlets. Fortunately, being a seasoned traveler as I am, I always plan ahead for this, so I had an extension cord with me, which took care of my problem and I was able to plug in what I needed to where I needed to.

Parking was directly outside my room, air conditioner worked just fine, water pressure good, hot water was ok as well.

Overall, I would give this place a 5 star “excellent” rating as it was a great and comfortable place for me to spend the night on my drive back home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank sfguy12
Reviewed March 7, 2013

First, it was under $50 with taxes, a real plus. Second when we opened our door the lights and A/C were already on, way cool! The check-in was a breeze, the grounds are lovely. What a find up in the high desert. We just spent one night but the bed was excellent a nd we both slept well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ruthandvern
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This place is surprisingly good for the inexpensive price. The room was very clean and the bed was really a surprise - quite comfortable.
If you want all the bells and whistles go somewhere else.
There is a fridge, nothing else. The TV is small but has HBO and it works. WIFI is not free (4.99) but parking is. They have a pool. A Jacuzzi The room was very quiet, I was on the ground floor.. They have soda vending machines and ice.
A cheap room that is clean and comfortable with a hot shower was all I needed.
Very pleasantly surprised.. At $30.00 it was perfect.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo and hairdryer etc. They may have supplied it if asked, I did not ask They do...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo