“Price Spike”

Ihop
Order Online
Ranked #92 of 283 Restaurants in Lancaster
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Yes the subject line sounds like my review will be negative but, I guess it's subject to interpretation. Nonetheless here I go; recent visit to a local Ihop, (Ihob) for what was formerly known as cheap eats, has now been tarnished. Took our grandson for a carb meal after an extremely long day of football skills camp. 9 year old ordered pancakes and eggs combo off the adult menu, I ordered a slim fit omelet that came with a side of unwanted pancakes (allowed to sub with fruit), and the hubby ordered a specialty burger that came with fries. Was shocked my grandson ordered water only compared to his usual request of soda but, we all followed suit as it was an extremely hot day. Please note the food was good, my grandson and hubby ate every bite, and the service was great. The bill arrived and I do believe I embarrassed myself when informing our OUTSTANDING waitress that she'd handed us the incorrect bill. She politely reviewed the bill with me and I thanked her while swallowing crow. $50.17 without tip, YIKES! I actually had to place it on my debit card versus using the $46 cash I had on hand. That's literally $16.72 per person for what use to be an easy $35 bill. The cost per person would be expected and a lot more at a different kind of resturante but not ihop, Ugh! Sign of the times huh. At least I was able to leave a cash tip for that hard working young lady. I do believe we better fire up the grill.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018

This is a nice addition to this side of town.. cleaned up and newly opened it is a nice breakfast spot...

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 10, 2017

Really appreciate the treatment IHOP extended we Veterans today. The wife and I enjoyed our meals and may I also pass along a high complement for the service rendered by our sever Julissa. She was great and we loved her pleasant smile and attention. People like her make the difference so often when it comes to an eating experience at a place like IHOP.

Date of visit: November 2017

Been to Ihop? Share your experiences!