“Live music and great food”

Gino's Italian Restaurant
Order Online
Ranked #28 of 282 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

Had the chicken marsala and it was just about perfect. HUGE portions that would have fed two easily. The garlic bread was not to my taste being too soft, but generously portioned. The fagioli soup was excellent, but a little salty. Great service despite being very busy, and live music that was entertaining.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 3, 2018

First time here. I'm new in town and thought I'd give it a try and My oh My how pleased I am. There was enough food to feed only me for 3 days!!!! My pasta was fantastic and the minestrone soup to die for. Will definitely return in the near future. Highly recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite location of the three in this family-owned chain. (The photo of the location on this TripAdvisor Page is their Palmdale location-not Lancaster)

My wife and enjoyed their meals: Cheese Ravioli, and Carbonara. I ordered the Meat Antipasto, adding chicken, and was slightly disappointed that it was served on the same size plate that my wife’s side salad was served on. It was very small, though the meat content was sufficient- just lacking in the lettuce and cheese content.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 26, 2018

The air inside is musty, but then I saw the sign offering a grapefruit Marguerita, It listed "Ruby red grapefruit, Triple Sec, tequila and lime juice". I thought this idea had legs, so I ordered one without tequila. What came was too sweet, tasted like a solvent, and had no hint of lime juice or any tang you might expect from grapefruit or lime juice. I sent it back and stuck with water.

We hope this place does not give up on the grapefruit marguerita idea. Maybe try grapefruit JUICE, Triple Sec, tequila, and actual lime juice (Not marguerita mix). Margs are supposed to be sour, but if it really is too sour, an unflavored sweetener would allow the other citrus flavors to shine.

The menu is old school, with items like manicotti and pasta fagioli soup. After the grapefruit drink, we opted to NOT order entrees or pasta and to stick with appetizers. The bread (in the form of garlic bread and the toast of the bruschetta) was the soft stuff from the 1960's. We ordered the pasta fagioli; it was OK. The panko-coated calimari was leathery and not very panko-like. From frozen or left in the fryolator too long? The bruschetta was sweet, maybe because they put balsamic vinegar on it, but this could have been OK if the bread it was mounded on was not the soft stuff described above. We did not complain or send back the food, just the drink.

On the plus side, the wait staff was friendly and warm and did not charge us for the soup or the grapefruit drink.

Except for the serving ware, all surfaces observed needed cleaning.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

I was in town to visit family and had a craving for pizza, I was told Ginos had the best pizza in town and so we went. The restaurant seems nice, we were greeted fairly soon and seated. Although our order was taken promptly we did not get our pizza for quite sometime (about 45-60 mins). I ordered half the pizza without meat and the entire pizza was covered in pepperonis. The waiter was nice and said he made a mistake and I appreciate his honesty. The pizza was delicious, I just picked off the meat. I will come back and give this place another try because the food was good, and the waiter was nice.

Date of visit: January 2018