“Sushi experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tokyo Hibachi
Ranked #22 of 162 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Long Beach, California
“Sushi experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Portions are much larger than some yupie sushi places. Ate there tonight and everything was wonderful. Tried Magic Mushrooms for the first time and they were different but very good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Long Beach
“YUMMY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Love the Teppian open Grill - but the Sushi and dinner selections are great, also. Nice wait staff - no rushing - opene for lunch hour then again fo dinner

Visited November 2012
“Super yummy food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I love the cooking tables here but the other side of the restaurant is just as tasty. Get the fried rice from the cooking table (with garlic...delicious). It's not new inside and all crazy modern - has more of an old Japan feel to it. The cooking table chefs are fun - they put on a good show. The shrimp is outstanding! On the restaurant side, try the butter fish appetizer - soooo good! Great little restaurant that hasn't lost itself to the mega-mainstream restaurants of today vibe. Love it!

Visited September 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good Food and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My friend and I love hibachi, so after visiting Trip Advisor we decided to try Tokyo Hibachi while staying in Long Beach. The place was pretty crowded, but we were quickly seated in the teppan room and our waitress was really nice.

The food was standard hibachi, but I'd say it's better than the more popular chains like Benihana. Their fried rice is amazing!! So, so good. Everything was cooked perfectly and our chef was really impressive. Our waitress was great, our drinks were always full and she was right there to take our empty dishes away.

The host, maybe the manager? Whoever he was, I'm sad I didn't get a name, but he was great. He was so funny and nice and he made sure to come speak with us about how everything was going. Another group there was celebrating a birthday and he was so enthusiastic about it, it was awesome.

I will definitely be back to Tokyo Hibachi when I'm in the area again. It was great!!!!

• Visited October 2012
Long Beach, California
“Fantastic Food/Fantastic Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We eat Sushi there at least once a month if not more. Uki knows what I like and how I like it. He starts making as soon as I enter. Everyone is friendly and helpful. George, one of the owners, comes around and greets everyone and asks if there is anything you need. Have been going for about 20 years and still one of our favorite restaurans.

• Visited September 2012