“Fantastic Food/Fantastic Staff”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We eat Sushi there at least once a month if not more. Uki knows what I like and how I like it. He starts making as soon as I enter. Everyone is friendly and helpful. George, one of the owners, comes around and greets everyone and asks if there is anything you need. Have been going for about 20 years and still one of our favorite restaurans.

There are newer reviews for Tokyo Hibachi

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We've visited this neighborhood restaurant several times, both the dining room and teppan tables. Although the kids love the teppan room, I prefer to order off the menu. The lobster at the trepan tables is fantastic though. The chefs are not as entertaining as the Benihana guys, but still friendly. The host is fantastic and always makes us feel welcome.

The prices are quite reasonable and the sushi is excellent. If you go with a large group, try out one of the family style meals, they are fun to look at and taste great too. They also come with enough food to feed a small army. One tip, order the dark meat chicken, the light meat tends to be dry.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Considering the money spent- the food, facility, and experience was at best below average.

We were promptly served and everyone was polite. Our chef was not the most entertaining we have ever experienced, but adequate. The food was bland and unremarkable- not bad, just forgettable.

The facility is a bit run down, and the bathrooms have room for improvement.

For half the price, the rating would have been higher.

Family of 6, ~$200 including 2 sushi rolls and one drink. (they charged me for a coke refill!)

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I never eat in the Teppan room because it costs much more, although it sounds fun over there. The food in the normal dining room is excellent and you have the choice of a sushi bar. Sushi is always excellent; kids love udon; all the teriaki meals are tasty.

My wife and I enjoy a quiet meal here, we also take our kids, and usually have extended family (wife's side) gatherings at Tokyo Hibachi. The Tokyo Boat is a great deal to get the best the Hibatchi has to offer (served on a nice clean platter...not the questionable wooden boat of years past).

Note to owner: Just because rated Excellent, doesn't mean stop trying. You need to retool the chicken katsu recipe to infuse some more flavor (try garlic and chili pepper!).

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Great sushi and friendly environment. They usually have the TV on sports, so a bonus to me.The guy on the end towards the TV is quickest/friendliest. Buy him a beer and service gets "GREAT". The other chefs on the slow side, but good none the less.

1  Thank boanut