“Change isnt always good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #42 of 162 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Change isnt always good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We went to our local Mimi the other night for dinner. The big talk was the menu. I knew something had changed since there were more employee cars than diners. The place was empty. Starting with the frozen roll basket- The raisin carrot bread was good. The menu was horrible. I know saving a buck is important but a main dish dinner for 16.00 and NO salad. That and potato are THEE most cost effect way to give a customer something for their money but nope- no longer. None of the things they used to carry are there anymore. The turkey was so so- the apples used were sour. The chutney was canned ( Id bet my life on it) and the place smelled like horse hay. Made me want to cry. I Loved this place. It was something you could count on. No longer. and No longer on our list of places to go or take people to.

• Visited June 2014

Clearwater, Florida
“Best hot chocolate in a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Hot chocolate served in X large cup and lots of whipped cream. Fresh fruit side nice with my quiche. Quiche was very good. Loved the little potatoes they cook. Good variety on breakfast menu. Theresa gave us Great service. Received or food quickly. Their muffins looked incredible. Outside seating available. Inside nothing special for decor. A Family, not romantic atmosphere.

Lakewood, Colorado
“Unhealthy filth”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Every time we have been to this particular restaurant in Lakewood, Colorado we have been disappointed. It is a shame too, because they have some food on the menu that is tasty. The first time we started going to this restaurant was 10 to 15 years ago. The restaurant was dirty on the floors and the silverware was dirty with dried on food particles. The food wasn’t bad but the dirty silverware kind of turned our stomachs for a naturally healthy enjoyable meal. This same scenario occurred three times in a row so we stopped going there. About five years later we had relatives visiting us and they wanted go too Mimi’s. There was about 15 people in the party and I embarrassed everyone not only our relatives but also the people working there at Mimi’s when I found a large black fly about a ½ inch in length in my lettuce salad. I stood up and spoke across the restaurant to a server that there was a fly in my salad. The manager came and offered me a new meal but I refused a new meal and they didn’t charge me for the meal. So after ten years we went there again this last Sunday. There were very few customers in the restaurant and most of the staff was standing around happily visiting with each other and again the restaurant was filthy. There was food all over the floors, the silverware had dried food particles on them and when they brought our broccoli, dressing, mashed potatoes and turkey dinners I found two gnats on two different pieces of the unwashed broccoli. Again the manager didn’t charge me for my meal, but she didn’t address the fact that my parents meals had broccoli that was unwashed too. I took a picture of one of the gnats. These problems occur when the management doesn’t care how the restaurant looks and whether the food they put out is clean. It seems after all the nasty things that have happened to us at that restaurant we will most likely never visit it again. You can read my other reviews and know unless a place is really unclean I don’t leave negative feedback. But then my dad being the typical American that he is said, "Look at it like this, they gave us more to eat with the bugs and the filth on the silverware.

• Visited April 2014
Lakewood, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mimi's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

nice restaurant - good service - nice variety of menu items - family friendly - affordable - accommodate special diet restrictions

• Visited January 2014
Mexico
“The BEST hot chocolate, great breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We always visit Mimi's while in Denver area, love this place.
Have only been for breakfast but imagine all meals times are good.
The breakfasts are very well prepared and presented, with typically efficient service.
Hot chocolate is fantastic and served in a huge tea-cup with mountains of whipped cream… no calories there!
Love the eggs benedict, waffles are also great.

• Visited February 2014