“Not Wowed at all”

Rubio's Coastal Grill
Ranked #61 of 185 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Description: The first restaurant was opened in 1983 in San Diego by Ralph Rubio and his father, Ray, who started the fish taco phenomenon that spread across the nation. Today, Rubio’s menu has grown from The Original Fish Taco® to include additional chef-crafted seafood recipes that feature shrimp, wild salmon and ono. In addition to sustainable seafood, Rubio’s offers chargrilled chicken and steak, fresh made guacamole and salsas and sauces that are prepared daily.
Reviewed July 7, 2015

Visiting Calif. and my brother says lets try Rubios. Concept is very good but concept is only as good as the people implementing. When we received our food (I ordered two classic tacos with rice & beans) my shells were cold with a touch of warmth. There wasn't much steak in tacos and with the cool shells not a very good first impression for a new customer. The black beans were very good although small portion. Rice was ok. I think had the taco been better I would have liked the overall taste. As it is there are too many places to eat and not enough time so I would not return here.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed January 7, 2015 via mobile

I normally do not write reviews of any fast food restaurant but the nice service at this one deserves to be praised. Food was delicious and the staff was very friendly. The best Rubio I have ever visited.