“Great sushi place”

I Luv Sushi
Ranked #7 of 174 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was a little bit disappointed by visiting other sushi place in OC area. Until, I had a dinner at I Luv Sushi.
When you get there in the evening and see that you have to wait to be seated, it already an indication of the place's popularity.
Their menu is very extensive and the prices are reasonable.
Food is very tasty and beautifully presented.
The only thing why I did not give this place 5 stars is that they do not seem to be adequately staffed. You do have to wait for some time to get a waiter's attention.
Other than that, it's a great place!

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I love to go to this restaurant. They have been pretty consistent about their food and service. But it gets busy after dark though. If you can make the happy hour, it is totally a great value. I personally love their lobster rolls, big chuck of lobster meat and not too pricy. We had our birthday party there too. The restaurant will dim the light and bring out the cake to celebrate with you. If you can get a hold of clipper's magazine, they always have a 20% off coupon if you cant make it to the happy hour like us.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I recommend sitting at the bar, though always crowded. Service on the slow side from tables. The environment is very loud and busy, only draw back.

Now to the food. The Kobe Beef Sushi is very unique and good. My teenage son even liked it ! The deep fried cream cheese balls, forgot what they call them, are addictive.

The sea eel is slightly crunchy on the outside with a nice sweet glaze...best I have ever had, compared to high end bars.

You can get in and out rather quickly if you sit at the bar. Probably the fastest food service around for sushi. Highly recommend, Bon- Appetite.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I Luv Sushi has some great Sushi! I lOVE this place. The 10-S-C roll is one of my faves. The only thing I wish is that it was open later than 9:30 p.m. :(

2  Thank LivL0vLaugh
Reviewed September 26, 2008

This restaurant is owned by the same people that own Sushi Studio in Long Beach. I've been eating at Sushi Studio for a couple years. I used to live in Santa Monica and make the drive down to Long Beach with the sole purpose of eating at Sushi Studio. I Luv Sushi is their new restaurant. It is just as good as Sushi Studio. It has great atmosphere and excellent sushi. Their speciality is rolls, but the sushi is also delicious. If you're in the area, eat here. Try the Sexy Girl roll.

1  Thank rembles

Been to I Luv Sushi? Share your experiences!