“Don't how about the hotel, but the Barona Steakhouse is AWESOME!”

Barona Oaks Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Lakeside
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Barona Oaks Steakhouse offers a fabulous menu and award-winning wine list with an emphasis on service and quality. This elegant dinner-only venue with wood-burning grill and dry-aged steaks is located in Barona Oaks Dining, down the escalator across from the Food Court and is open for dinner.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

At first, when my husband suggested we go there for our anniversary dinner, I was like - seriously? But he convinced me and boy, was I happy he did! I was very surprised - I expected some cheesy, casino like buffet, but this is a nicely appointed restaurant with every bit of ambience as a Ruth's Chris. Attentive, but not overbearing, the wait staff was excellent. A piano player kept the background music low but nice. My filet was cooked perfectly - medium rare - and didn't require any sauce; flavor was outstanding. I am watching my weight so I skipped the potato and asked for extra steamed veggies without butter and was delighted with selection. Then the prime rib came that my husband ordered, I seriously thought there was no way he could finish it. He's a big guy, but that's a lot of steak even for him - it was practically coming off the plate. All I will say is that he ate every bite and he is a pretty picky eater. We also opted to skip dessert but our server still left us with some complimentary macaroons for us - a very nice touch. All this and no sales tax!
The ONLY reason I didn't give this restaurant 5 stars is that you have to walk through a smoke-filled casino to get there. I don't have asthma, CPOD or anything like that, but when I get a massive headache wading through that much smoke looking for a restaurant in a casino where I've never been before, it can make for an unpleasant experience. I will go back now that I know about the restaurant and can make a beeline for it holding my breath. I will also go back and revise my rating if they ever offer another entrance.

Been to Barona Oaks Steakhouse? Share your experiences!