“Nice Rooms”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeside
Yorba Linda, California
“Nice Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We enjoyed the room, swimming pool area, and casino. Walking into the hotel from the casino quickly reminds you that you do not have to be a gambler to stay here. Hanging by the pool and eating at the great restaurants is pretty relaxing here. The rooms are clean and the service is excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I spent one night at this hotel with my friend who is a paraplegic. The bed was too high for her to transfer onto it easily. The bed was also close to the wall. We decided we could handle these issues for one day's stay. When we went to the casino, we had to walk a quarter mile and part of it was uphill. After pushing the wheelchair, I was exhausted. CA has guidelines for handicap accommodations and this hotel/casino does not measure up. Also, when we booked, we asked for handicap accessible room. When we arrived, we were told they weren't sure they had one.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

We went for a quick get away, we were treated so well I can't wait to go back. From check-in to people on the floor. Everyone made us feel so special. FREE WiFi, bottled water in rooms. The grounds are beautiful and very nice room with all the amenities. Service on the casino floor was unbelievable!!

• Stayed May 2011
Corona del Mar, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

Staff very friendly. The resort is in a beautiful valley that really helps you relax. Good value on room rates and the restaurant prices. Steak House had a great $21 prime rib dinner. Workout gym very good and had it all to myself. Golf course was fun and filled with wildlife to enjoy but they limit and count the number of beers they serve you. No bar on property as well. I know they have issue with drunk drivers heading down the mountain, but as a adult paying for a room at the resort to spend the night it is very frustrating to get a cocktail anywhere. So bring your own booze! I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2011
Red Bank, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

Had a wonderful 5 day 4 night stay at the Barona. The hotel is nice the rooms are clean and the staff is very pleasant. The Golf course is spectacular. Greens are lightning fast, fairways are nice, layout is very challenging. The only complaint i have is the casino. I have been gambling in casinos(Atlantic City, Vegas, Caribbean) for nearly 18 years. I have never seen such amateur and idiotic gamblers in my life. Witnessed on multiple occasions while playing blackjack people doubling down on 17's and taking cards on 20. The comps offered or lack there of was quite humorous. I was told when i joined club barona to charge everything to the room and I would be comped for such things as meals, golf and the such. After gambling for 5 days for an average hand of $25 and 5-6 hours a day was given a grand total of $25 in comps. Like i said earlier I have been going to AC and Vegas for nearly 20 years and with that kind of play I would have been comped considerably more. If I go back to the Barona i sure will no go into the casino.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KimD7
Naperville, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

Stayed 5 days for a Pro-Am golf tourney. Casino was clean and they offered dinners for comps without having to bet a lot. Food at both Italian and Steak house were good. Nice wine selection. No liquor served inside casino due to weird liqour license. Massage in spa was average. Golf course was nice with fast and tricky greens, but they only sell beer and you can only buy 2 at a time, per person, and on your first 9 holes. Rooms were clean and well kept. Some people complained about thin walls and being able to hear the other rooms althoughI did not. Overall very nice!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Borrego Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times. I love it. This past December 29 I visited with 2 friends and we had two rooms. When I tried to take them to the Buffet dinner I presented my Barona card and was told by a rather hostile cashier that " I need to see a photo ID". This startled me as I was intending to pay with a Visa Card. She still insisted on seeing ID. I then offered to pay cash and was told to go the ATM.

I told her I was a guest at the hotel. She still insisted on ID. It is a long walk back to the hotel from the Casino. When I returned to the room I discovered I did not have my driver's license with me. I returned to the Casino.

This time another cashier greeted me and I explained the problem. She said she didn't understand it. We payed cash and this nice employee gave me a discount for 3 people not the two that my card entitled me to. I reported this to the Casino but have not had a response. Barona Casino and Hotel need to ensure that cashier's know the rules and do not use their power of authority to make life miserable. Think the obnoxious lady was called "Emma". I have submitted reviews on this before and will return to the hotel again. This incident just aggrivated me.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeside
BEST WESTERN Santee Lodge
#2 of 14 in El Cajon
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
Viejas Casino & Resort
Harrah's Resort Southern California

Been to Barona Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!