“Nice Hotel with Great Views”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lakeport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Just want to say that we stayed there and when wine tasting. Nice rooms and friendly staff. The rooms were clean and the view of the lake and mountains were incredible. Will be going back again soon.

Room Tip: Lake front rooms and cabins
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ruviscm

Reviewed May 31, 2011

This was the cleanest, nicest and friendliest places I've ever stayed. The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly, and the property is gorgeous. I would highly recommend Skylark Shores to anyone traveling in Northern California. I loved this place so much, that I am planning an annual trip to stay there each year. Thanks so much for a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank tuffguy312
Reviewed September 12, 2010

If you are expecting the Fairmont or some other five star place, don't come here. What this place IS, is a fun, 2nd childhood kinda fun place. It is no frills, but at the same time, has everything you need to have fun with your spouse or family. That is, if you are not a "bump on a log". Although the place is a little dated and the carpet are worn, it is because ppl have been out at the lake all day and maybe tracked a little mud or something around the doors. I did not feel bad taking off my shoes in the place though. We played horshoes, road our bikes around the lake areas, fed the ducks, watched people catch MAMMOTH size catfish all weekend, enjoyed the beautiful scenary and talked with some fun foreign people, watched people play pingpong and teatherball, went swimming. They turned on the pool heater when I told them I was coming to swim, and also gave me the discounted Oct rate at the beginning of Sept, and let us check out 2 hours late so we could be lazy on Sunday. What else could you want for about $70 a night in Indian summer? Renee's across the street is a good place to eat. Didn't try the place next door, but it has alot of customers. Did I say the place was beautiful outside, cuz it really is....We also got a cabin there a few years ago and really enjoyed it then too...We are going back next weekend already, I hope!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cincin1
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I booked 7 rooms at the Skylark. My recommendation is to book first floor lakeview rooms if possible. You'll have the use of outside grills, picnic tables and a fantastic view of the lake. I would avoid the poolside rooms because they don't have much of a view beyond the pool and parking lot. The rooms that face the horseshoe pit, volleyball net and playground are nice too.

We primarily stayed in the cottages. I would recommend that you avoid room #124 until they eliminate the awful smell. Cottage #121 is fantastic (3 beds, 1 room) , as well as cottage #122 (4 beds, 2 rooms). Cottages #123 and #120 are nice, but the kitchen in #120 is small.

Alicia was very helpful during our stay. I would recommend speaking with her or Aubrey if you have any questions during the reservation process.

We went fishing at the pier adjacent to the property, rented a jet ski from Disney rentals (too much lake grass to ski freely), played volleyball, horseshoes and went swimming on the property. It was a great place to plan and cook group meals.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank hrzregina
Reviewed April 15, 2010

My husband and I stay here several times a year when visiting family. We have tried other motels around the Lake, and this is the best. Improvements have been made in recent years - new carpet, paint, etc. The rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable. The grounds and lake view are beautiful. It is close to downtown, restaurants, etc. We'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I will stay again - the room, while older, was clean; the bed comfortable and I enjoyed the lake view even from my "pool side" room.

The website was somewhat misleading as I was expecting a kitchenette and got instead a microwave and mini-fridge installed next to the desk. A little awkward if you want to catch a meal w/out the restaurant visit and also have a laptop and expect to work....but do-able.

I would suggest that folks not depend upon the toiletries. The new bar of soap melted half way through my shower and there is no lotion. I also had to ask for a new roll of tissue as the one in my room was nearly empty when I checked in....

Also on my visit the t.v. remote did not work. I took it into the office and was given another which also did not work. As I brought back the third remote, I was told - "Oh, I guess it may need to be reprogrammed"....would have preferred that programming been checked when I brought in the first non-working remote.

Otherwise clean and pleasant enough place to hang the ol' hat in between local business commitments....

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2009

No, this is not the Hilton, nor a 4 star motel. The rooms are basic and clean enough for me. I rented the adjoining kitchen, and would recommend that. It gives you extra room with a full fridge and stove and is completely stocked with silverware, pans, plates etc. What you cannot beat is the location. The lakefront rooms are RIGHT on the lake with nothing to block the view. There are big picture windows so even when you are in your room, you can see the lake. There is parking for your boat trailer. (First come first serve, about 10 spots.) The boat docks are excellent and the grounds are very well kept up. Go in with your eyes open and don't expect a 4 star resort. And besides, where can you find a 4 star lakefront resort for $120 a night??

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeport
Regency Inn
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
Lake View Inn
Lake View Inn
#1 of 1 in Lucerne

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!