“Nice management, but dirty and old”
Review of Anchorage Inn

Anchorage Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Lakeport B&B and Inns
California
“Nice management, but dirty and old”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I was in the town of Lakeport because of a friend's funeral. The Anchorage Inn was where my friends were staying, so I decided to stay with them. I was welcomed nicely by the management, but when I went to my room, I was SHOCKED. Older than you or me (most likely), dirty, and a little smelly. The shower was in terrible condition, the water tasted like lead, and the beds were terribly hard. I really liked the management, but the facilities were terrible. If you are in Lakeport, Don't stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank weegee42
anchorageinnlakeport, Webmaster at Anchorage Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Anchorage Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry for your reason for being in our area, please accept my condolences.

• Management received our commendation for the courteous way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level ov cleanliness required of them as our employee.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, it will be for a happier reason and that you will once again choose to stay at Anchorage Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Arcata, CA
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Nice basic older hotel wil large rooms and suites. Owners gave great rates to our basketball team and our kids and parents enjoyed staying there. The pool table and ping pong was a hit as well. Believe me not fancy by any means but clean and excellent customer service was the recipe for us and the Anchorage Inn delivered.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank CAHumboldter
San Francisco
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Understanding that this is not a four star hotel but a budget motel, it is an excellent place to stay. It is right on the lake; the rooms are large and clean; and the beds are reasonably firm. Furnishings are decent in a motel-ish way, complete with a fridge and microwave in even the least expensive queen room, and reasonably cheery bedding. Wifi worked well for me. My TV didn't seem to have cable, though I had a decent broadcast signal on most stations. The shower had good water pressure, nice hot water, though the shower fixture could have been a little higher. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom (of reasonable sizes!).

The premises manager (owner?) is exceptionally thoughtful and helpful with directions, advice, and anticipating ways to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The sunrise over the lake was spectacular the morning I was there.

This is a dogfriendly hotel, and there is no extra fee (yay!). Nor, for that matter, was there any evidence of prior canine habitants (yay!) ... my room and bedding were clean as could be. There is an excellent open area to walk your dog, or let him/her run, about 20 yards to the right of the hotel.

There is a full service casual restaurant right across the street, Renee's Cafe, where I enjoyed a reasonably healthy breakfast of poached eggs, toast, and peaches (as a substitute for hashed browns) -- diner food at its best, with more traditional options abounding.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank SFNYTraveler
UK
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Stayed here for one night and was upgraded to a suite when I arrived, the suites are basic but clean, plenty of towels and toiletries supplied. The inn is located at the lakeside with a swimming pool, hot spa and access to the lakefront if you like boating. within walking distanceto all local amenities, good chinese takeaway very close by. Proprieters very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Likkysam
Northern CA
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I have been staying at this hotel every weekend for over a year. The hotel has had recent updating. It is a very clean hotel. The owners are new in the last couple years. They are friendly and helpful. They hold my room if I am running late and always make sure my room is available even on busy holiday weekends.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank pddtovar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeport
Regency Inn
#1 of 1 in Clearlake Oaks
Tallman Hotel
Tallman Hotel
#1 of 3 in Upper Lake

Been to Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!