“Decent”

Cuisines: Thai
Missouri
“Decent”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I actually couldn't believe there was a Thai place in this area. And I really couldn't believe were were the only customers on a Saturday night until we were leaving. It was pretty good Thai food. My husband had pumpkin curry and I had a noodle dish with beef and broccoli (can't remember the name). The atmosphere is cute and the service was good as well. Price may have been slightly more expensive than other Thai places I have been, but it is certainly not crazy pricey. I hope this place makes it as it seems everything in this area is suffering somewhat (i.e., serious decline in tourism here I'm told).

Visited July 2014

“Excellent Thai food”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The food here is absolutely wonderful. Have never had a bad dish here, and over the course of several months, I've been trying everything. Always served fresh and hot, and always flavorful and delicious. Prices have gone up in recent months, but the Thai Bistro is always crowded during peak hours.

Visited January 2014
Kelseyville, California
“disappointed”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Eaten there several times, food & service OK, but a little slow. Recent visit very uncomfortable vibes. Person who may have been family was lurking in back tables, kept moving from one to another, not eating & distracting waitress. Servers seemed annoyed whenever we asked for something (like plates to eat our appetizer on, which was "plunked" onto the table). On arrival, were given regular menu, did not discover until we had ordered that they also have some sushi items & another menu (noticed table next to us had sushi rolls). We had to ask about them, and only then received the other menu. Not all that great anyway, had warm rice in roll! We did not feel welcome & attitude from everyone was unpleasant. Not sure we will ever go back, too bad since only other decent Lake Co.Thai restaurant is miles away. Food a little less spicy than in some Thai restaurants, but that was a plus for me, not so for one who lives in SF Bay area. (Also pricey by comparison to Bay Area)

“UNEXPECTED DELIGHT”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place provides a competent Thai meal considering that this town is by no means gentrified.

We started with Angel Wings (App #5) & they (actually "it") was quite good.

We had the lunch specials of Pad Se Ew with Pork (#9) and Drunken Noodles with Chicken (#10) and both were nicely prepared with very wide noodles. Both needed hot sauce, which we applied.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Found excellent Thai in Clear Lake area”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After having a bad experience with the Thai food in Clearlake Oaks, and not expecting good Thai in this area, I was referred to Chalerm Thai Bistro. This restaurant is sort of hidden in a small strip mall but absolutely worth finding. I had Fresh Spring Rolls and Som Tum (Cold Papaya Salad). Both items were first class. The service was prompt. One thing I noticed was the kitchen was outside in what appeared to be a screened in porch. It allowed me to see a sparking clean kitchen. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking top quality Thai food.

1 Thank usndoc